Rockford's Most Comprehensive Care Close to Home
You want to be you - your best you, not the person who stays behind because of joint pain, but the person who leads the way on the next adventure.
At OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, Illinois, we offer the most comprehensive orthopedic care in the area in collaboration with large orthopedic physician groups as well as private orthopedic providers. As a Level I trauma center, Saint Anthony Medical Center also provides orthopedic trauma services, from broken bones to dislocated joints, for the residents of the Rockford area as well as the region’s cities and towns.
What Sets Us Apart
Whatever your needs are, we can provide world-class care here in Rockford. We perform about 60% of all hip and knee replacements in Rockford. Our orthopedic trauma care team is ready for you should the worst ever occur.
The Advanced Center for Orthopedics Surgery provides patients with a world class experience in a setting that offers high value surgical care by a team that considers no detail unimportant. This approach provides for facilitated scheduling and financial clearance; dedicated operating room nursing and anesthesia teams, individualized preoperative education and discharge planning; early ambulation, typically the day of surgery; innovative pain management to decrease the reliance on opioid medications; and, curbside to curbside concierge service.
What To Expect While In Our Care
- Several weeks before surgery, patients receive a phone call from a nurse navigator who discusses their history, surgery and testing needed before they arrive for surgery. An appointment is made for the patient to come to the hospital and receive all testing, teaching and medical clearance needed in one visit prior to the day of surgery.
- Our dedicated joint care coordinator provides a single point of contact for orthopedic patients. This nurse, an expert orthopedic nurse, provides group or individualized teaching on what to expect on the day of surgery, how to safely move around after surgery, medications the patient will be taking after surgery and discusses post discharge plans to ensure the patient will have a safe place to recover. This same nurse follows the patient from their arrival to the hospital through discharge when an inpatient stay is required and does a follow-up phone call to the patient within a few days of surgery to ensure recovery is going well and to answer any questions.
- The postoperative surgical experience takes place in a zen-like environment with private patient rooms. Our enhanced recovery program focuses on reducing the length of stay and shortened total recovery times. Our inpatient nursing unit has exceptional quality scores including top quartile scores for hospital acquired infections and falls with injury. Approximately a third of our expert nursing staff in the operating room and postoperative orthopedic unit are certified.
Our excellence is no secret, either. We've got the awards and certifications from nationwide organizations to back it up:
- Among the Best Facilities to Treat COPD, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement: Rated by US News & World Report.
- Disease Specific Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement: Awarded by The Joint Commission in 2015.
- 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs: Added to Becker's Hospital Review, 2017 edition.