Comprehensive Care Close to Home
At OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center, we understand joint pain can deprive you of your most treasured activities. When diet, exercise and medication no longer alleviate the pain and discomfort, it may be time to consider joint replacement.
You can count on OSF to help get you back to doing the things you love. We offer comprehensive orthopedic care from OSF orthopedic specialists at OSF Medical Group -- Orthopedics.
Whatever your needs are, we can provide the care you need – from joint replacement and fracture care to sports medicine and physical therapy.
- Total hip replacements are intended for patients who suffer from degenerative hip joint disease, which may include osteoarthritis, post-traumatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis and hip dysplasia.
- Total and partial knee replacements Partial replacements treat adults living with degenerative joint disease in one or two parts of the knee joint and a total replacement is intended for treatment for adults living with mid- to late-stage degenerative joint disease of the knee.
- Bi-lateral knee and hip replacements
- Total shoulder replacements are for those suffering from shoulder pain, arthritis, stiffness and limited movement to alleviate their symptoms. We treat conservatively, and surgery is a last resort or used only when necessary. We want you to enjoy as active a life as you can, so we often try physical therapy and non-narcotic medications first.
- Fracture care
- Hand and wrist surgery The hand and wrist are composed of 27 bones connected by numerous joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. The hand and wrist have many parts and are susceptible to many types of injuries. While surgery is a last result, we can help with a variety of conditions from arthritis, broken bones and carpal tunnel syndrome to nerve and tendon injuries.
- Mako Robotic System uses a CT scan of the diseased hip or knee joint to create a 3D model of the hip or knee joint. This 3D model is used to pre-plan the surgery and is adjusted by the surgeon during the procedure to ensure the joint is precisely placed and balanced for the best patient outcome.
Sports medicine Our team will work hand-in-hand with athletes of all ages and abilities to help you heal and recover as quickly as possible. We specialize in ankle and knee injuries, concussions and dislocations.
- Onsite and in-home physical and occupational therapy evaluate and treat all orthopedic conditions, from stable acute injuries to sub-acute and chronic conditions.
- Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. The joints most often examined using arthroscopy include knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, and wrist joints. It is used in treating a variety of conditions.
To discuss orthopedic specialty care, call (309) 664-3161.