Become A Volunteer
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center volunteers are special people who devote their time, talents and energy in many different ways. They are of all ages and from a variety of backgrounds. Their dedication, cheerfulness and compassion add a personal touch, which contributes to the happiness of not only our patients and their families, but also our employees.
Many times, our volunteers have come to OSF because they have had a personal experience with our medical center. Others are pursuing, or have a desire to pursue, a health-related occupation. Others want to make a difference in someone's life. Whatever your reason, we would like to discuss with you some unique and flexible opportunities to volunteer; and become an extension of our health care family.
The opportunity to become a volunteer could be for you if you meet the following:
- Have a desire to serve others
- Have a compassion and love for people
- Have reasonably good mobility, as most services require walking and/or pushing wheelchairs
- Must be willing to make a one-year commitment of a weekly three or four-hour shift. Available shifts are 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.; 12-4 p.m.; and 4-7 p.m.
(The volunteer commitment expectations for Healing Pathways vary – please see the form below for more detail or contact the center to discuss your interest)
- At least 16 years of age
Please submit an application.
Please submit an application and references in order to be considered for the program.
If you would like to help with our Program Center, work on planning committees, or if you are a health care provider who wants to offer your services, please submit an application.
Send your completed application to:
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
5666 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Fax: (815) 227-2165
When your application has been received and reviewed, you will receive a letter via your mail or email address. If a volunteer position is available that matches your interests, availability, and/or experience, you will be called to schedule an interview. Your application will be kept on file for a period of one year. If at any time during the year your availability changes, and/or your contact information changes, you may call our office to update your application.
If you are offered a volunteer position, the following will be required:
- Medical clearance from physician
- Complete a two-step TB skin test (provided and paid for by the hospital)
- Provide immunization records or complete a blood test to verify rubella, rubella, and chicken pox immunity (provided and paid for by the hospital)
- Receive a flu shot (provided and paid for by the hospital)
- Criminal background check clearance
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (815) 395-5064.