Educational Assistance Scholarship Program
OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center Auxiliary and Foundation seeks to support the communities in which we serve. As a leader in the health care industry, we want to help support the educational journeys of those pursuing careers in the health care field.
OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center will provide financial assistance to a LaSalle County resident(s) pursuing a career in a patient care health-related field. Please read the information below regarding the program.
For those pursuing a career in a patient care health-related field, financial assistance is offered to graduating high school seniors planning to attend a college or college students enrolled in an accredited college or university, whose primary residence is in LaSalle County or a surrounding community served by OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center. OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Mission Partners seeking a degree in a patient care health field may also apply.
The amount awarded can be up to $5,000 annually and must be applied toward tuition and fees and will be paid directly to the college or university. The OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Education Loan Program Committee will determine the number of students that will receive financial assistance and the amount each will receive.
The applicant must complete and submit to the OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Human Resources office an EDUCATION LOAN PROGRAM FOR HEALTH CAREERS APPLICATION (see below). The application must include:
- Current high school/college transcript.
- Written letter of release permitting the selection committee to review the student's academic, clinical and extracurricular records.
- Summary of significant academic and curricular achievements at the college or in the community with a listing of references.
- Brief statement of educational goals, as outlined in the application.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited school or college, for the degree they are seeking to attain.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0.
- Two (2) favorable academic letters of recommendation.
- Two (2) favorable letters of recommendation from a non-family member attesting to your achievements, character and goals.
- Student agrees to work or continue to work at OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center within and for the required time frame.
Submit the Application
The application deadline is February 16, 2018. Please mail your completed application and documents to:
OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center
Attn: Education Loan Program Committee / HR
1100 E. Norris Drive
Ottawa, IL 61350
Please contact the OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Human Resources Department at (815) 431-5318 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.