Educational Assistance Scholarship Program
OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center seeks to support the communities in which we serve. As a leader in the health care industry, we want to help support the educational journeys of those pursuing careers in the health care field.
OSF Saint Elizabeth will award an annual scholarship to a LaSalle County resident(s) pursuing a career in a human-health-sciences-related field. Please read the information below regarding the program.
This financial assistance is open to graduating high school seniors planning to attend a college of higher education or college students enrolled in an accredited college or university, whose primary residence is in LaSalle County or a surrounding community served by OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center. OSF Saint Elizabeth Mission Partners seeking a degree in a health care field may also apply.
The amount awarded can be up to $5,000 annually and must be applied toward tuition and fees and will be paid directly to the college or university. The OSF Saint Elizabeth Education Support Program Committee will determine the number of students that will receive financial assistance and the amount each will receive.
The applicant must complete and submit to the OSF Saint Elizabeth Human Resources office an EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR HEALTH CAREERS APPLICATION (see below). The application must include:
- Current high school/college transcript
- Written letter of release permitting the selection committee to review the student’s academic, clinical and extracurricular records
- Summary of significant academic and curricular achievements at the college or in the community with a listing of references
- Brief statement of educational goals, as outlined in the application
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited school or college, for the degree they are seeking to attain
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0.
- Two (2) favorable academic letters of recommendation
- Two (2) favorable letters of recommendation from a non-family member attesting to your achievements, character and goals
- Student agrees to work or continue to work at OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center for the required time frame
Submit the Application
The application deadline is March 31, 2017. Please mail your completed application and documents to:
OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center
Attn: Education Support Program Committee / HR
1100 E. Norris Drive
Ottawa, IL 61350
You may also email your application and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the OSF Saint Elizabeth Human Resources department at (815) 431-5318 if you have any questions.