Special Visitors and Friends
Thank you for your interest in the children and families at Children’s Hospital of Illinois. We hope to make the experience enjoyable and memorable for you and our patients.
Please note that holidays are a very busy time for everyone. Requests to visit often require extra time for scheduling, and available times to visit fill quickly. Your patience is appreciated as we attempt to meet the needs of our patients and families, and allow them time to rest and recover.
Special visitor opportunities are available Monday through Friday, and all scheduling details must be completed at least one week before your visit. Child Life Services reviews all requests to make sure they meet our guidelines.
If your group or organization is looking for ideas, check out our suggested gift ideas and wish list.
Ways to Donate
We have updated our donation list and made a link to Walmart and Amazon for easier access. This will allow direct delivery to the hospital. Feel free to share the links with anyone who would like to donate.
We greatly appreciate any and all help. These items will help provide comfort and distraction as well as provide a positive hospital experience for patients all year round. Thank you for your help.
Note: Click the link above, or go to Walmart.com/registry or sign in to your own Walmart.com: under registries & lists click on Events: type in Child Life Department CHOI, State: IL.
Note: If the Amazon link is not readily available, anyone can find the lists by logging on to Amazon , click on Account & Lists, then Find List/Registry, under Your Friends: type in CHOI Child Life Department
Suggested Gift Ideas for Our Patients
|rattles||blankets||music/light up toys|
|crib mirrors||mobiles||vibrating toys|
|no-scratch mittens||baby socks||baby oil|
|crayons/markers||coloring books||bubble tumblers (no spill)|
|sound books||cars/trucks||stacking toys|
|stickers||washable markers||craft kits(i.e. beads, foam art, etc)|
|velvet art pictures||dolls (not cloth)||music CDs|
|play-do (small size)||watercolor paints||plain white T-shirts (all sizes)|
|hair accessories, jewelry||nail polish||socks|
|temporary tattoos||window markers||slippers|
|remote control cars||pajama pants||Legos|
|Super hero figures|
|blank books (journals)||photo albums||nail polish|
|hair accessories||jewelry||lip gloss/makeup|
|craft kits, beads||plain white T-shirts (all sizes)||plain white socks|
|model magic||stationery||hand held mirrors|
|puffy paints (for fabric)||pajama pants||shampoo/conditioner|
|i-tune/app store gift cards||store/restaurant gift cards|
Wish List for the Activity Room
- Infant crib toys with light/music/mirrors
- Infant/Toddler Toys—interactive with lights and/or sound
- Soothing Sound Machine
- Card Games—Uno, Skip Bo, decks of regular cards, etc.
- Board Games—Sorry, Monopoly, Guess Who, Checkers, Memory, Candyland, etc.
- CD players (Portable to take to rooms)
- Game Systems—Playstation 2 and 3, X-Box and x-box360, Wii, Nintendo DS
- Game System extra controllers- Playstation 2 and 3, X-Box and x-box360, Wii, Nintendo DS
- Video Games—(all games must be non-violent)-- Playstation 2 and 3, X-Box and x-box360, Wii, Nintendo DS
- DVDs—G, PG, PG 13 rating only please
- Portable DVD players
- Party supplies (silly string, confetti, party poppers, party throwers)
- School supplies (glue, scissors, crayons, markers, watercolor paints, construction paper)
- Craft items (beads, sand art, door hangers, frames, magnets, foam art, sun catchers, etc.)
- Treasure Chest items (squirt toys, bouncy balls, jewelry, stickers, tattoos, yo yos, hot wheels, bubbles, clappers, slinky, sunglasses, sticky hands, coin purses, lip gloss)
- Poster Board, cardstock. Cricut cutting machine supplies, scrapbooking supplies