- Holter Monitoring is the continuous recording of heart rhythm for 24-48 hours.
- The patient would come in and 7 electrode would be placed on their chest.
- During that time the patient would keep a written diary.
- The patient is asked to do their normal routine so no preparation needed.
- This is interpreted by a Cardiologist.
- Stress testing is a test either walking or sitting in a chair.
- The patient has 10 electrodes placed on their chest and their heart pattern is monitored along with their blood pressure.
- If the patient is to have a 2 day test they will have an IV inserted into their arm for easy access for the radio isotope that is injected at their peak heart rate.
- If the patient is having a chemical test they would be sitting in a chair with an IV so the medication can be injected.
- If the patient is to have a stress echo they will have an echo before the start of the stress test and then another echo after they have walked on the treadmill.
- Stress Testing is performed by trained staff and interpreted by a cardiologist.
Pulmonary Function Test
- Pulmonary function testing is a breathing test to test the lung volumes and capacities.
- If ordered the patient will also have a breathing treatment with a bronchodilator.
- A Pulmonary Function Test is conducted by a Respiratory Therapist.
- The patient has 6 electrodes placed on the chest one on each arm and one on each leg.
- They are then hooked up to a the EKG machine and a tracing of the heart is recorded.
- The patient is reclining in a chair during this test.
- The Electrocardiogram (EKG) is interpreted by a Cardiologist.
Hours & Location
Cardiac Rehabilitation and cardiac testing is located in the new Rehabilitation and Specialty Clinics Wing on the north side of OSF Holy Family Medical Center. To access this wing please use the driveway on the west side of OSF Holy Family Medical Center and continue around to the north side of the building.
Please confirm the location of your test when scheduling an appointment.
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||6 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
You may call the Central Scheduling Department at (309) 734-1446 to schedule your cardiac test.
Central Scheduling is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. If you you are unable to reach a scheduler please leave a detailed voice mail and our schedulers will return your call.
For more information or if you have questions, please call (309) 734-1515.