Last Modified: 2/23/2023
OSF Healthcare System and affiliated entities (“OSF” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites, including but not limited to, osfhealthcare.org OSFmychart.org, and osffoundation.org (collectively, our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to any protected health information (“PHI”) or any information collected while you are a patient or seeking treatment at any OSF facility.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you utilize through the Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy and
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by OSF or any third party;
- Any protected health information (PHI) or any information collected while you are a patient or seeking treatment at any OSF facility; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, including without limitation, through our virtual chatbot (Clare) (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as an IP address and information derived from an IP address, such as geographical location, or applications installed on your device; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, timestamps, geographic information, device information, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our analytics providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites (such as on our “Contact” page or while using OSF MyChart or chatbot functionality). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and during the fulfillment of your requests.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites, to contact you about services that you may want to utilize and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests and needs.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit OSF, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Email Analytics. Emails from OSF may contain analytics tools that permit OSF to track how recipients interact with OSF emails. For example, we could recognize if an email has been opened or if you clicked on a link in the email.
We may tie the information gathered through these automatic methods to other personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and the contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we believe may interest you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information on how you can control our use of your information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Websites and operations or provide functionality utilized on the Websites and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OSF’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OSF about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email” feature of our Websites, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third parties who provide analytics and advertising for our services to you on both our Websites and on unaffiliated websites.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OSF Healthcare System and affiliated entities, our patients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. For example, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
124 SW Adams Street
Peoria, IL 61602
To register a complaint or concern regarding the treatment of your information, please contact us through one of the above options.