Rockford’s Only Burn Center
The Regional Burn Unit at OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center specializes in treating serious burns. The unit has specialized equipment and extensively trained staff, who specialize in the short-term and long-term treatment of burns.
The burn center provides support for patients at every phase of injury. This means you’ll have experts in your corner every step of the way from trauma care to treatment for shock and surgical repair to longer-term rehabilitation and reconstruction.
The Regional Burn Unit at OSF Saint Anthony was formed in 1974, and is one of five burn centers in Illinois: three in Chicago, one in Springfield and one in Rockford.
Dr. Stathis J. Poulakidas, medical director, has been recognized for his clinical excellence in adult and pediatric care. He and his team have treated many patients with significant burn injuries.
Programs and Services
- Specialized triage and treatment from our trauma team, who have extensive training and experience with burn victims of all ages
- The latest medical and surgical treatments in burn surgery and burn reconstructive surgery
- Acute care in a dedicated eight-bed burn unit, staffed by a team of specialists representing several disciplines
- Personalized rehabilitation therapy services
- Case management for patient and family support
- Nutrition consults
- Continued wound care
- Continued speech, occupational and physical therapy
- Home care services, including nutrition consults