Visiting a Patient
General visiting hours at OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Because rest is an important element in healing, we ask that no more than two visitors at a time see a patient. Please make your visit brief and quiet.
Special visiting regulations have been set up for Intensive Care, Hospice, Pediatrics and Women’s Pavilion.
Please check with the nurses’ station on these units prior to visiting. Also, please observe any visitor restrictions posted on the patient’s door prior to entering the room.
For the safety of children and our patients, please have all children check in at the nurses’ station when they arrive.
Intensive Care Unit Visitation Guidelines
At OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center, we are grateful for the opportunity to care for the needs of each patient. We ask you to be an active partner in the care of your friend or loved one by following these guidelines:
- If you are ill, please do not visit. Feel free to call and inquire of your loved one’s well-being.
- The direct line to our nurse’s station: (618) 465-4525.
- When you arrive to the third floor, please use the door bell and intercom to request admittance.
- Please designate one family member (for example, the patient’s spouse, son or daughter) to call the nurse and inquire of your loved one’s well-being. To ensure the patient’s right to privacy, this designated person may then pass the information on to other family members.
- To reach someone in the ICU Waiting Room, please call (618) 474-6064.
- Please make your personal calls from the pay phone or cell phone whenever possible. The extension phone in the waiting room is the nurse’s link to you while you are waiting. If you must use this phone, please make your conversation brief.
We welcome your input. Please direct your questions and concerns to the unit supervisor.