Our Commitment to Patients and Visitors with Disabilities and Language Needs
OSF HealthCare is committed to accessible care for all patients, including those with disabilities or limited English. That’s why our OSF Mission Partners and the Assistive Services team help meet the language and disability needs of patients, their families and companions. We ensure equal access to care through services like interpretation, translation and other auxiliary aids free of charge.
Please inform us of your assistance needs when you arrive.
- Qualified language interpreters who are present by video remote carts, telephone and in-person
- Interpreter services or video relay for deaf patients or patients with hearing loss
- Document translation
- Supplying large print or reading assistance for patients with visual disabilities
- Trained Mission Partners who can provide safe transfer onto care equipment
- Accessible parking and medical equipment
- Welcoming service animals