Are you looking for an opportunity to serve others in a warm and friendly environment? Join the volunteer team at OSF Saint Luke Medical Center! Volunteers make a difference and we welcome the difference you'll make for our patients and employees.
Our volunteer team provides service in four areas:
The Information Desk is located just inside the main entrance. Patients and visitors often stop here first for direction or information regarding a patient.
Transporters and information desk volunteers staff this desk Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. It is of the utmost importance these volunteers greet guests at the door, welcoming visitors and patients with kindness and warmth.
Volunteers also assist Hospital staff with mailings and other light clerical duties.
West Waiting Area Desk
The volunteer assigned to the West Waiting Area Desk is responsible for greeting and visiting patients and family members, making them feel welcome and comfortable. When a patient enters the West Waiting Area, volunteers should ensure the patient has checked in at the Registration area before being seated.
This volunteer monitors the wait times, ensuring that patients are not waiting longer than necessary. The volunteer may also be asked by family members to check on the status of the patient for whom they are waiting for.
The West Waiting Area Desk may also assist Hospital staff with mailings and other light clerical duties.
OSF Saint Luke Transporters are an essential part of our volunteer team. Transporters assist by escorting patients to their destinations within the Hospital, or back to their cars following appointments. This may involve pushing a wheelchair or simply offering a hand to hold.
Transporters may also be asked to make floral, gift or work related deliveries for Hospital staff, and to spread cheer by delivering flowers and cards to patient rooms.
The Alcove Gift Shop
Volunteers in the Alcove Gift Shop run the day to day operations, provide excellent customer service by greeting and visiting with customers, running the cash register and wrapping gifts. Volunteers also assist with marking merchandise and light cleaning.
Gift shop volunteers also assist Hospital staff with mailings, folding projects, and other light clerical duties.
The Development Council consists of five different committees made up of volunteers from our community. The committees include:
- Annual Support - Actively recruits members for the Cornerstone Club, individuals who contribute gifts of $100 or more annually to the Hospital.
- Community Relations - Provides the community with programs and seminars, offering the members of our community with educational opportunities.
- Planned Giving - Provides the community with educational programs on avenues of making planned gifts to area organizations. Individuals contributing to the Hospital through planned gifts are honored as members of the Heritage Club.
- Major Gifts/Special Prospects - Invites individuals/families to join the 1917 Society, a group of individuals supporting the Hospital through gifts of $10,000 or more, payable up to a 10 year period.
- Business Relations - Initiates annual golf outing and invites businesses and organizations to join the Business Honor Roll through contributions of $1000 or more, payable over a 4 year period.
Development Council volunteers assist the Marketing & Development Department with fundraising and special events such as a Year End Appeal letter signing, the annual golf outing, educational seminars and health fairs.
The committees meet six to eight times a year for one hour, where they plan upcoming events and receive the latest news and updates about OSF Saint Luke Medical Center. Development Council volunteers serve as liaisons between the Hospital and members of our community by providing up to date information.
To serve on a Development Council committee, contact Carrie Boelens at (309) 852-7820.
How do I become a volunteer?
Your volunteer experience begins by calling (309) 852-7822 to discuss available volunteer positions and determining your volunteering interests.
We encourage you to also speak with a member of our volunteer team to learn of their volunteering experience.
An application and background check are required.
Once a shift has been identified, you will receive a name badge and a shirt, sweater or smock.