OSF HealthCare Illinois Neurological Institute features on-site licensed counselors and social workers. We offer outpatient-based counseling services for people ages 14 through the elderly. Our counselors are experienced with the neurological population and can provide assistance with coping, adjustment issues and pain management.
Our treatment focus is to assess, then provide education and support in coping with medical issues and general life stressors. Our goal is to help you adjust and find healthy coping strategies. Stress, depression, and anxiety can exacerbate medical conditions / symptoms. Therefore our providers recognize both the emotional and physical benefits of counseling.
Though each individual counselor has his or her own counseling style and approach, much of our treatment is based on Cognitive-Behavioral strategies. We can assist you with issues such as:
- Adjustment to disability / medical conditions
- Pain management
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Coping with cognitive change
- Behavior management
- General stress management
- Functional neurological disorders / conversion disorder
- Post concussive syndrome
- Coordination with schools for students with medical conditions
- Support for families, as these conditions and injuries affect the entire family
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
No matter the struggle, we want our patients to know that they are never alone.
Meet the Team
- Tammy Lott
- Tonya Welch
- Travis Towne
- Sarah Vujanov