OSF HealthCare offers telehealth options for many outpatient appointments, including visits with primary care providers and specialists.
Telehealth options, such as secure phone or video chat, can be the best option for your care. While some medical care requires in-person appointments, many visits can be effective and convenient via video.
You can schedule your own video visit with your provider or your provider's office may suggest one for you. Here's what you should expect:
Before your appointment
You have two options for a video visit with your provider:
- Via computer equipped with web cam (desktop or laptop)
- Via a mobile device (phone or tablet)
You’ll also need an active OSF MyChart account. Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up here.
Preparing your device
Ahead of your appointment, make sure you have all of the hardware and software you’ll need.
Make sure your device has working camera, speakers and microphone.
Connecting to your appointment
- Find a quiet, private location with enough light.
- Consider using a headset for the best sound quality.
- Make sure your device is plugged in or charged with enough battery for the visit.
- Make sure your speakers are unmuted and also that your volume level is set appropriately. You can also adjust the volume at the bottom of the video visit window.
- Consider having someone present with you to hold/position camera if needed.
- It may also be helpful to have access to your insurance card and any medications.
- Plan to log into your video visit a few minutes before your scheduled appointment start time to begin the e-check in process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a video visit?
A video visit, sometimes called a virtual visit, is a way for you to connect with your provider through your phone, tablet or computer.
Video visits allow you to stay engaged in your health care from anywhere.
Who is eligible for a video visit?
You can schedule your own video visit with your provider through OSF MyChart or your provider's office may contact you to ask if you are interested in completing a video visit instead of an in-person visit.
After your appointment is scheduled, you will see the video visit in your upcoming appointments list in OSF MyChart. Specific instructions to help you successfully connect to the video visit are available within the appointment details.
How much does a video visit cost?
Video visits are billed just like an in-person visit. Call your insurance provider with any additional questions.
Will my insurance be billed for this visit?
Yes. OSF will submit claims for video visits directly to your insurance carrier, just as we do for traditional in-person visits.
Can I receive prescriptions from a video visit?
Yes. Your provider will send to the pharmacy of your choice.
Will my video visit be recorded?
No. We take great care to protect your privacy at all times.
You will receive a written summary after your video visit, just like you would after an in-person appointment.
Are video visits secure?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure.
Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal IDs and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password.
OSF MyChart uses the latest in industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with OSF MyChart. Video visits are not recorded.