An important indicator of quality is whether our facilities and staff are recognized by independent organizations devoted to measuring health care quality.
Listed below are recent honors, awards and accreditations given to OSF HealthCare:
- Becker’s Hospital Review, the leading magazine for hospital news and analysis, recently announced OSF Innovation is on the 2017 list of 58 Hospitals and Health Systems with Innovation Programs.
- Matthew Weidman, MD from OSF Holy Family Medical Center has been recognized as one of America’s Top Doctors by U.S.
- OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group is pleased to announce it has received the Michigan Peer Review Organization (MPRO) 2014 Governor’s Award of Excellence for outstanding inpatient clinical achievement in the critical access hospital setting.
- OSF Holy Family Medical Center has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in mammography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Kevin Schoeplein, Chief Executive Officer, OSF Healthcare System, has been elected to the Illinois Hospital Association’s (IHA) Board of Trustees as an at-large trustee. Mr. Schoeplein started his three-year term on Jan. 1, 2014.
- OSF Holy Family Medical Center was presented the 2012 Morehead Apex Workplace of Distinction Award by Morehead Associates.
- OSF St. Joseph Medical Center was one of 17 recipients of the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award in Illinois and the only Bloomington-Normal area hospital receiving the designation.
- Kewanee Hospital is excited to announce that they are the February recipient of Studer Group’s Health Care Organization of the Month award.
- For the third year in a row, OSF Healthcare System has been recognized as one of the nation’s MOST WIRED, according to the results of the 2014 Most Wired Survey conducted by Hospitals & Health Networks.
- Phillip J. Olsson, MD, FACP, HMDC, Executive Medical Director of OSF Home Care Services and Medical Director of OSF Hospice and OSF Richard L Owens Hospice Home, was recently granted the Hospice Medical Director Certified credential by the Hospice Medical Director Certification Board.
- On Friday, April 4, 2014, Erin Kennedy, Director of the Center for Healthy Lifestyles at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center, was inducted into the Illinois State University 2014 College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) Academy of Achievement. Kennedy was one of seven 2014 inductees chosen from 41,000 CAST alumni.
- Kevin Schoeplein, OSF HealthCare CEO named to Becker's Hospital Review 2013 edition of "300 Hospital and Health System Leaders to Know."
- Manas Upadhyaya, MD, PGY 2 Neurology resident was chosen by the Class of 2014 as the Outstanding Resident of the Year, which recognizes Manas as the resident whom the students feel has served as an excellent role model in the terms of teaching and learning interaction -- Manas was singled out from the entire 250+ resident house staff at both OSF HealthCare and Unity Point Methodist.
- Illinois Performance Excellence announces OSF St. Mary Medical Center of Galesburg, IL is a recipient of the 2013 Bronze Award for "Commitment of Excellence" for demonstrating that senior leaders' actions guide and sustain the organizations, and the use of systematic approaches to improve key work processes.
- OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group is now the only hospital in the central Upper Peninsula to have earned the distinction of echocardiography accreditation.
- Becker’s Hospital Review along with Axial Exchange recognizes OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center and OSF St. Joseph Medical Center as hospitals with top patient engagement.
- The Administrative Team at OSF St. Mary Medical Center was recently awarded The Patriot Award by The Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. The Patriot Award recognizes supervisors and bosses who provide support to employees who are called to active military duty.
- OSF Saint Francis Centers for Breast Health has been named a recipient of the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Breast Centers, acknowledging its dedication to providing exceptional patient care and treatment.
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing has been named one of the Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Reports.
- OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center is proud to announce the certification of its Pulmonary Rehabilitation program by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- OSF Children’s Hospital of Illinois Pediatric Urology Ranked #41 by U.S. News & World Report
- OSF St. Joseph Medical Center and OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center have been granted a three-year term of accreditation in Echocardiography in the areas of Adult Transthoracic by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
- OSF St. Joseph Medical Center was recently presented with the 2013 Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons’ (ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC).