Our infusions services are an innovative, cost-effective option for intravenous (IV) treatment plans and are paving the way with the administration of state-of-the-art medications that treat chronic and acute medical conditions in a patient-friendly way.
A multidisciplinary team provides outpatient services including the administration of IV therapy and injections, while pharmacists monitor patients during treatments and provide extensive patient education.
Infusion therapies include cancer treatments, cutting edge biologics for non-cancer conditions, blood transfusions, therapeutic phlebotomy, immunoglobulin, hydration and antibiotic therapy. Treatments can last anywhere between 30 minutes and six hours, depending on the therapy.
Our team delivers the safest, high-quality health care with a personal touch. The experienced staff are efficient, respectful and kind, serving patients with the greatest care and love.
Non-Cancer Infusion Services
Our team provides all levels of care, offering infusions and transfusions for a wide range of medical conditions, including:
- Anemias such as iron-deficiency anemia, sickle cell anemia and anemia caused by cancer treatments
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Blood disorders
- Immune system deficiencies such as HIV/AIDS
- Infectious diseases such as hepatitis, bone and joint infections, skin and soft tissue infections and pneumonia
- Iron deficiencies
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Alpha I Antitrypsin Deficiency
Infusion Treatments for Cancer
Our pharmacists also serve in OSF HealthCare cancer treatment centers, collaborating with providers to develop care management plans and meeting directly with patients to manage their medications during treatment.
By leveraging the expertise of cancer experts in every specialty of medicine and incorporating supportive oncology services throughout the treatment process, we can ensure that patients are connected with the best care at the time they need it most.
Our pharmacists who provide oncology infusion services are specially trained to monitor and administer the high-risk medications used to treat cancers.
Their expertise and guidance is available to providers and nurses, as well as to patients, who will often receive a visit from a pharmacist during their infusion treatment to discuss their medications and treatment plan.
Home Infusion Services
OSF Home Infusion Pharmacy specializes in providing in-home IV therapies, clinical therapy management and other related support services not available from most traditional retail pharmacies. We serve patients throughout Illinois.
Our Home Infusion Pharmacy team of clinical pharmacists, certified pharmacy technicians and nurses provides a wide range of infusion services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Antibiotic/antiviral/antifungal therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Central line catheter supplies
- Enteral nutrition supplies
- Hydration therapy
OSF Home Infusion Pharmacy team also provides clinical management, including:
- Individualized patient assessment and progress monitoring
- Coordination of patient education and training
- Pharmacokinetic dosing assessments and dose monitoring
- Recommendations for TPN formulations, including patient-need assessments
- Coordination with physicians and other service providers