Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
For the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, Saint Anthony College of Nursing students are admitted as juniors, having completed prerequisite credits at another regionally accredited college or university.
All application materials and requirements must be submitted by the applicable deadline date:
- September 15 for entry into the following January/Spring term
- February 15 for entry into the following August/Fall term
How to Apply
- Submit an application for admission with application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended, showing:
- Completion of at least 32 out of the 64 required prerequisite credits
- Completion of at least one acceptable course in college-level anatomy and physiology, microbiology or chemistry.
- Submit any other academic verification requested by SACN.
- Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) pre-admission test prior to your review by the Undergraduate Admission and Progression Committee.
- If your primary language is not English, a passing TOEFL score is required.
- You will need a Transfer/Withdrawal/Dismissal Form if you have attended another nursing or professional health care program, but did not complete it.
Transfer guides from many of the area community colleges are available to help you assess your previous credits and their impact on your transfer. These guides can also help you when registering for courses at a local college to ensure you take credits that will transfer.
If a transfer guide is unavailable for your college, official transcripts may be submitted, and a transfer evaluation will be completed by the admissions staff to help you plan your course schedule.
No grade below a "C" may be transferred.
To be eligible for review by the Undergraduate Admissions and Progression Committee, updated official transcripts must be sent after additional coursework is completed.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you've attended to:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing Admissions
3301 N. Mulford Road
Rockford, Illinois 61114
Only those transcripts sent directly from the reporting institution will be considered official.
Transcripts sent from applicants are unofficial and will not be used for transcript evaluation or application purposes.
Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Minimum grade point average (GPA) for nursing science courses of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
Students are granted acceptance pending completion of the prerequisite courses.
Decisions regarding the acceptance of each applicant are made by the Undergraduate Admissions and Progression Committee based on the fulfillment of admission requirements.
Saint Anthony College of Nursing conducts its program and implements policies on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to race, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, status upon military discharge, disability or handicap, and creed.
The College retains the right to accept the most highly qualified applicants.