Saint Anthony’s Health Center received a prestigious Top 100 Hospital designation. In 2002, Saint Clare’s Villa, a 64-unit supportive living facility, opened on the Saint Clare’s Hospital campus. 2004 the Center for Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine opened on the Saint Clare’s Hospital campus – first wound center in the area.
In 2005, the Sisters of St. Francis and Mission Partners of Saint Anthony’s Health Center meet the President of the United States. An Outpatient Chemotherapy department was opened offering seven infusion suites, private blood draw area and exam rooms, as well as a comfortable waiting area for family members. Saint Anthony's campus transitioned to an all-private room facility with newly remodeled patient rooms, beds with position monitoring and innovative patient safety features, and flat screen televisions.
- A complete renovation of Saint Anthony's cardiology services, includes installation of a fully digital cardiac catheterization system. The Acute Rehab Unit on the campus of Saint Clare’s Hospital, the area’s only certified inpatient rehab unit, transitioned to all-private rooms. The area’s first Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) procedure is performed at Saint Anthony’s Health Center by Dr. Naeem Aslam, Gastroenterologist with Saint Anthony’s Physician Group. Becomes the only Alton-area facility to have the $400,000 EUS technology, as well as the staff specially trained in EUS procedures.
- SAHC received The National Award of Excellence from the National Rehabilitation Association for outstanding achievement in creating opportunities for people with disabilities. The group commended the partnership between Saint Anthony’s and the Alton School District’s work-training program helps students with disabilities better prepare for transition to employment and community participation.
- Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center of Excellence received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer; one of a select group of 106 currently accredited cancer programs across the United States and one of six in Illinois to receive the recognition.
- Saint Anthony’s Health Center named one of the nation’s Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, the leading authority of health care organizations.
- The Cancer Center of Excellence Cancer Infusion Center opens, featuring a healing and stress-reducing environment for individuals receiving chemotherapy as part of their cancer treatment. Dr. Manpreet Sandhu becomes the first female Medical Oncologist in the Alton Area in August, 2013.
- Saint Anthony’s Health Center has consistently been named one of the nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, the leading authority of health care organizations in America.
- The Joint Commission, in conjunction with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, recently recognized Saint Anthony’s Health Center with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
- Saint Anthony’s Health Center becomes first Illinois hospital to launch Specialists On Call’s Teleneurology Service, assuring immediate 24/7/365 access to board certified, fellowship trained neurologists via telemedicine for patients suffering from stroke or any other neurologic emergency.
- A Patient Navigation Program is introduced to serve as a link between cardiologists, primary care physicians, and services. Patient Navigation is now offered through Oncology, Cardiology, Pulmonology and Neurology.
- Saint Anthony's Diabetes Services becomes one of only a few diabetes programs in the bi-state area to be recognized by the American Diabetes Association for excellence in diabetes education.
- Saint Anthony's Sleep Center expands and relocates to Suite 308 of Saint Clare's Professional Building, partnering with Clayton Sleep Institute, a leading independent sleep medicine organization. Through the partnership with Clayton Sleep Institute, Saint Anthony's Sleep Center expands to include sleep testing on patients of any age.
- Saint Anthony’s Health Center is the first heart center in the Metro-East to implant a new internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD) that uses a single lead to sense vital changes in heart rhythm.
- Saint Anthony's Cancer Center of Excellence receives the American Cancer Society's President's Award for enhanced efforts with patient navigation in radiation therapy and the infusion center.
- Clinical Radiologists, SC, expands services offered at the Center for Pain Management, by adding small joint injections for ankles, hand/wrists, fingers/toes and elbows in addition to the large joint injections to shoulders, knees and hips.
- The Acute Rehabilitation Unit on the Saint Clare's campus received a three-year CARF Accreditation for inpatient rehabilitation, with stroke specialty -- the only such facility in the greater Alton area.
- Saint Anthony's Women's Pavilion receives a 3-year re-designation as a Level II nursery by the Southern Illinois Perinatal Program.
- Saint Anthony's Health Center received recognition by the St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition for outstanding patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Saint Anthony's becomes the only mammography facility in the Riverbend area to be an accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, a prestigious national recognition by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- On March 17, Saint Anthony’s Health System (SAHS) signs a Letter of Intent to affiliate with OSF Healthcare System (OSF), one of the largest integrated health care systems in Illinois. On November 1, 2014, Saint Anthony's Health Center officially becomes OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center; Saint Clare's Hospital officially becomes OSF Saint Clare's Hospital.
- Saint Anthony's Psychological Services begins offering the area’s only group therapy sessions led by a Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Saint Anthony's Cancer Center of Excellence receives "Three Year with Commendation in All Areas" approval by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- OSF Saint Anthony's Emergency Services received the Women's Choice Award® as One of America's Best Emergency Care Hospitals, ranking #1 in the nation with a perfect score in Emergency Care.
- For the fourth year, OSF Saint Anthony's is awarded an "A" grade in the Spring 2015 Hospital Safety Score, the gold standard rating for patient safety.
- An open house is held to showcase the newly renovated Balance Center at OSF Saint Clare's Medical Office Building, featuring Balance Master advanced technology.
- A ribbon cutting and open house marks the opening of the newly transformed Suite 205 of Saint Anthony's Physician Group, providing primary care patients with patient-focused, high-quality, team-based care, including use of electronic health records.
- OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center earns an A in an elite national ratings program from independent hospital watchdog The Leapfrog Group – the only hospital in the River Bend to be recognized by the Leapfrog group with an A rating.
- OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center is named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for the fourth consecutive year.
- The Joint Commission, in conjunction with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, recognizes OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.