Inpatient and Day Surgery
When you choose OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center for your surgical procedures you can trust that your care will be provided by surgeons and specially-trained nurses, whose specialties include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery: Tonsillectomy; Adenoidectomy; Ear Tubes; Septoplasty; Laryngoscopy; Thyroidectomy
- Eye Surgery: Cataracts
- General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery: Hemorrhoids; Splenectomy; Hernia Repair; Gall Bladder; Appendectomy; Exploratory Laparotomy
- Gynecological Surgery: D & C
- Orthopedic Surgery: Rotator Cuff Repair; Hip, Knee, Shoulder Joint Replacement; Steroid Epidural Injections, Arthroscopy of Knee, Shoulder; Laminectomy
- Podiatry: Bunionectomy; Arthroscopy
- Plastic Surgery: Carpal Tunnel; Excision of Lesions, Cysts
- Oral Surgery: TMJ
- Pulmonary Procedures: Bronchoscopy
- Urological Surgery: Prostate; Cystoscopy
Minimally invasive techniques are available for many General, Orthopedic, Podiatry and Gynecological procedures, usually performed on an outpatient basis or requiring only a short hospital stay. With state-of-the-art equipment in our operating rooms, plus the high quality professional care, many patients find themselves at home the same day of their procedure!
After a surgical procedure, patients recover on a specialized surgical nursing floor. Patient education is a focus, as your surgeon, nursing staff, social workers and other health care professionals want your hospital stay and recovery to be as comfortable as possible.
To help ensure a smooth transition to home, a registered nurse reviews written discharge instructions regarding your care at home with you and your family members. Instructions may also include prescriptions and a follow-up appointment with your surgeon.