Pregnancy & Birth - Bloomington
Want a Tour?
Whether it’s your first child or another addition, a low-risk pregnancy or one with more complications, you can rest easy knowing that the Birthing Center at OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center provides everything you need to welcome baby.
You also have increased access to obstetrics care through the collaboration of select services between OSF HealthCare and Advanced Women’s Healthcare.
Our team of OB/GYNs and certified nurse midwives from Advanced Women’s Healthcare see patients for well-woman visits, prenatal and postpartum care, pelvic floor disorder treatments, urogynecology and general gynecologic care.
Support from Your Care Team
When you choose to welcome your baby at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll receive a full spectrum of high quality care and a uniquely personal experience designed around you. We offer:
- 24/7 in-person neonatology care with specialists from OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, allowing newborns to receive the highest level of care possible while staying close to home.
- An OB nurse navigator available for each patient, who serves as your personal guide, delivering a unique level of care and attention before, during and after delivery.
- Board-certified lactation consultants, along with a team of counselors and staff trained in helping families successfully breastfeed their babies.
- Full time maternal-fetal providers to assist with high-risk pregnancies.
Not only will mom and baby receive exceptional care and support throughout the birthing experience, but the entire family will be wrapped in comfort and love from the very beginning. We offer:
- Spacious, private rooms with a warm, homelike setting for baby and your entire family.
- Sleeper sofa provided for all support persons, along with small in-room refrigerators.
- HALO Bassinests, safely allowing newborns to sleep as close as possible to mom.
- HALO SleepSack swaddle blankets provided for all newborns to take home.
- A full range of pain-minimizing methods, including aromatherapy and calming essential oils.
- Options for a variety of birth plans, including use of a labor tub, birthing balls and birthing bars.
- Additional non-clinical support for families, including financial assistance and pastoral care for spiritual well-being.
Accreditations and Certifications
As the area's only Baby-Friendly Hospital, OSF St. Joseph is dedicated to partnering with families, offering the confidence and skills necessary to successfully incorporate breastfeeding or feeding formula safely into their busy lifestyle.
OSF St. Joseph is recognized by the National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification Program as a Gold Safe Sleep Champion, the highest designation available, for their commitment to best practices and education on infant safe sleep.
Nurse Navigator Program
Our free OB Nurse Navigator Program is the only one in Bloomington-Normal. It delivers a unique level of care and attention beginning at 20 weeks of pregnancy – or at whatever point you need the support – to well after you’ve gone home.
The nurse navigator acts as a personal guide and helps expectant moms feel confident and comfortable before the big day arrives.
Parenting and Birthing Classes
We offer a variety of in-person classes to help you and your whole family prepare for your little one's arrival, including Baby Basics, Labor Crash Course, Breastfeeding 1 and Breastfeeding 2.
Pediatric Specialty Clinics
Patients can receive the same state-of-the-art care from OSF Children’s Hospital doctors they’ve come to trust, closer to home with our outpatient clinics in Bloomington. Our outpatient clinics feature cardiology, surgery, urology, gastroenterology and maternal fetal medicine.
Choosing to breastfeed can be one of the most important decisions a mother makes to protect their baby's health and well-being. We offer early education, breastfeeding classes and in-person assistance. We also offer information on breast pump basics like how they work and where to get one through private insurance, rentals or public aid.
Two convenient options for appointments:
- Outpatient - in-person appointment with someone from our lactation team
- Phone - call any time, day or night, and someone from our lactation or birthing team will answer your questions
To schedule an appointment with a lactation consultant or to speak with someone from our team, call (309) 665-4704.
Take a Tour
See what a great experience our beautiful Birthing Center offers!
Call (309) 665-4874 to schedule your tour, or submit a request using the form below.
To ensure the health of all our patients and staff, tours will only be offered for mom and her support person.
Save time and reduce stress when it's time for your baby to be delivered. Call ahead at (309) 665-4702 so our staff can be ready for you when you arrive!