Pregnancy & Birth - Evergreen Park
Want a Tour?
There’s a reason the Family Birth Center at OSF HealthCare Little Company of Mary Medical Center is known as “the baby hospital.”
We provide everything you need to deliver your little one in a secure and comforting environment.
Support from Your Care Team
Our highly trained staff of physicians, nurses and care professionals in the Family Birth Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center will provide you and baby with exceptional care using the latest medical technology in a comfortable, inviting atmosphere. We offer:
- A 24/7 neonatal special care unit for infants who need special attention following birth. These little ones are cared for by neonatal specialists with the latest technology in our Level II special care nursery.
- A team of international board-certified lactation consultants who help us to remain certified as a “Baby-Friendly Hospital,” the gold standard in maternity care and breastfeeding support.
- On-site board-certified maternal-fetal providers to care for those with high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
- Access to the most sophisticated prenatal diagnostic services, including level I and level II ultrasounds and 3D imaging.
- Fetal echocardiography services with an on-site pediatric cardiologist.
- Support for a variety of birthing methods, including an option for a certified nurse-midwife who collaborates with our board-certified obstetricians to support you throughout delivery.
From baby’s first breaths to their first car ride home, your little one will be wrapped in support from the very beginning. We offer:
- Beautifully renovated labor, delivery and recovery suites, providing soothing, homelike surroundings, with queen size beds and private rooms.
- A full range of pain-minimizing methods, including therapeutic methods such as hydrotherapy, massage and essential oils.
- The Newborn Channel, broadcast 24/7 at the hospital in English and Spanish, providing new parents with information about caring for their infant.
- Round-the-clock visitation for your baby’s father or support person.
- “Brahms Lullaby” played throughout the medical center moments after birth to serenade each newborn.
- Options for a variety of birth plans, including use of a labor tub for water births, birthing balls, birthing peanuts and birthing bars.
- Nesting rooms for moms when your baby needs to stay in the hospital longer, and you’ve been allowed to go home.
- Additional non-clinical support for families, including financial assistance and pastoral care for spiritual well-being.
The impacts of your baby’s arrival extend beyond just the big delivery day. At OSF, you’ll get the support you need throughout your entire birthing journey.
Parenting and Birthing Classes
We offer a variety of online and in-person classes to help you and your whole family prepare for your little one's arrival. Our prenatal programs are presented by certified childbirth educators and include birth preparation classes, sibling and grandparent classes, infant CPR classes and a mother-daughter program.
Call (708) 636-9205 to schedule a free meet-and-greet and tour with one of our midwives.
Nursing moms will have access to four international board-certified lactation consultants and 12 staff members who are certified lactation counselors. This team works to help families successfully incorporate breastfeeding into their lifestyle.
The personalized care you’ll experience reflects our long-standing history of providing baby care to the community, from early education and breastfeeding classes to in-person assistance.
Moms can also meet and share their breastfeeding experience with other moms at our Breastfeeding Support Group guided by one of our lactation consultants.
The group meets every Wednesday at OSF Little Company of Mary on the 8th Floor of the West Pavilion from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and an evening group meets on the last Wednesday of each month from 7 to 8 p.m. No registration necessary.
Call (708) 229-5418 for lactation information.
Baby Talk Program
During your stay at OSF Little Company of Mary, our trained volunteers can visit with you and your family to show them how to promote your baby's brain development through sensory experiences.
Schedule a Tour
See what a great experience our beautiful Birthing Center can offer!