Pregnancy & Birth - Galesburg
Want a Tour?
When it comes to providing the highest level of compassionate care for you and baby, OSF HealthCare St. Mary Medical Center delivers.
Support from Your Care Team
The Birthing Center at OSF St. Mary Medical Center is large enough to provide a comprehensive range of services, yet small enough to assure personalized care for you and your family. We offer:
- Level II nursery services where infants are cared for by specially trained nurses, including neonatal nurse practitioners, who closely monitor and observe them 24/7.
- A full team of board-certified obstetricians, with support from a certified nurse-midwife and natural family planning services.
- The latest in ultrasound technology to monitor your child's development, with an entire team certified in neonatal resuscitation.
- Board-certified maternal-fetal providers available to care for those with high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
- The latest delivery equipment, including dedicated c-section suite, Level II nursery, triage space and wireless fetal monitoring.
- Tele NICU services from OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of Illinois for babies who need special care after delivery. Expert neonatologists consult with your in-person care team digitally. If your baby needs in-person NICU care, these services are just a short distance away, without the need to travel to Chicago or St. Louis.
- On-site pediatricians to help monitor and ensure baby is healthy from the start.
The newly remodeled Birthing Center offers a calming, relaxing environment to deliver your little one. We offer:
- Spacious, private birthing suites, allowing mom to labor, deliver and recover in the same space, with plenty of room for baby and family to visit and bond.
- Infant warming beds, television sets and private bathrooms in every room.
- Lactation specialists to help nursing moms and families successfully begin breastfeeding.
- Options for a variety of birth plans, including allowing in-room doulas, and provided birthing balls and birthing bars.
- Full menu of room service options for both mom and dad/support person.
- A newborn channel to watch during your hospital stay.
- Additional non-clinical support for families, including financial assistance and pastoral care for spiritual well-being.
Accreditations and Certifications
We are recognized nationally as a Blue Distinction Specialty Care program for our high-quality options and unique expertise.
Parenting and Birthing Classes
We offer a wide range of classes online for expecting moms and dads, including Child Birth Education Classes.
All programs require pre-registration and are free of charge. For more information or to register for a class, please visit our online calendar.
Take a Tour
See what a great experience our beautiful Birthing Center can offer!
Call (309) 344-3161, extension 63398 to schedule your tour, or submit a request using the form below.
OSF St. Mary Medical Center
3333 N. Seminary Street
Galesburg, Illinois 61401
Phone: (309) 344-3161