Pregnancy & Birth - Rockford
Want a Tour?
At the Family Birthing Center at OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center, we believe bringing new life into this world is always worth celebrating. And we are honored to partner with you and your newly expanded family to do just that.
Support from Your Care Team
The Family Birthing Center is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art obstetrics care for our littlest patients and their families. We offer:
- Level II nursery services where infants delivered at 34 weeks or more are cared for by specially trained nurses who closely monitor and observe them 24/7.
- A highly trained team of clinicians to assist with multiple labor positioning techniques to encourage shorter labors.
- A team of board-certified OB/GYNs with maternal-fetal consults available for high-risk pregnancies.
- Fully equipped and dedicated C-section and recovery rooms.
- Certified lactation consultants available to assist with breastfeeding throughout your stay and after you return home.
- Options for a variety of birth plans, including certified nurse-midwife on staff, in-room doulas allowed, and provided peanut balls, birthing balls, birthing stools, squatting bars, rocking chairs and more to assist with labor progression.
- Wireless fetal monitoring to encourage movement during labor.
At the Family Birthing Center, our expert clinicians and support staff are here to make your baby’s first days with you as memorable and special as possible. We offer:
- A more personalized experience in a smaller, more homelike setting, with a caring nursing staff to help you feel prepared before you take your new bundle home.
- Family-centered care, providing care in the room with mom and family as much as possible.
- Spacious and private labor and delivery rooms, allowing mom to labor, deliver and recover in the same room with baby, in an atmosphere that feels more like home than the hospital.
- Birthing beds that adjust to your individual preference, with adjustable recliners available for support people.
- Private baths in each room, equipped with a shower and Jacuzzi tub.
- Full range of pain management offerings, including IV medication, epidurals, aromatherapy, soft massage, dim lighting, water therapy and even pet therapy for those interested.
- Seamless transitions from hospital to home, as care for your little one transitions to family medicine or pediatric providers.
- Additional non-clinical support for families, including financial assistance and pastoral care for spiritual well-being.
Whether it’s your first baby or another addition to your family, welcoming a new little one often comes with many questions. Women who deliver in the Family Birthing Center receive a complimentary visit at the Postpartum Clinic 24 to 48 hours after they are discharged from the hospital.
The clinic provides:
- Parent education and skill-building with the help of a trained health care professional.
- Weight checks and other newborn assessments, especially those related to jaundice, dehydration and breastfeeding, from our trained nursing staff.
- Screening for maternal infection, domestic violence and postpartum depression. This extra layer of support is particularly helpful for new families who may have limited resources for informational and clinical support.
- Professional breastfeeding support, including assessments and assistance with breastfeeding their infant.
If you have any questions about the Postpartum Clinic, call (815) 227-2744.
Parenting and Birthing Classes
We offer a variety of educational options including understanding birth, friends and family CPR and understanding breastfeeding. Registration is required.
Tour the Family Birthing Center
See what a great experience our beautiful Family Birthing Center can offer!
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
5666 E. State Street
Rockford, Illinois 61108
Phone: (815) 226-2000