Questions about COVID-19 and pregnancy?
Whether this is your first child or another addition to your family, childbirth is an event that you and your family will cherish the memory of forever.
The Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center at OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is built around that miraculous moment of your baby’s birth – from our compassionate caregivers attentive to your every need to our warm, comfortable surroundings.
Designated as a Baby-Friendly Birthing Center , OSF Heart of Mary offers spacious, home-like suites for your labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum experience. Our staff of highly trained specialists provide expert medical care throughout your childbirth journey.
Your Care, Your Way
We’ll do everything we can to help you have your baby, your way. Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center is a comfortable and soothing place to bring your new baby into the world.
At Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center, you’ll be an active participant in the decisions that affect your care.
Working with your doctor, we'll provide the birthing option that best matches your needs, including natural birth, epidural anesthesia, C-section procedures and hydrotherapy during labor.
We’ll support you every step of the way as you welcome your new baby into the world.
Why Choose Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center?
- Baby-Friendly® Hospital: As a designated Baby-Friendly Birthing Center, OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center offers the highest level of care by creating an optimal environment to help support moms through childbirth.
- Spacious labor and delivery suites: The soothing colors and soft lines of each suite create a peaceful, serene environment to make you as comfortable as possible during labor. Each suite also includes an oversized bathtub for soaking during labor.
- Private, beautiful post-partum suites: Where you will stay after your baby is born until you are ready to go home.
- Welcome Center and Family Oasis: To welcome your family as they visit its newest member
- Two operating rooms and recovery area: Dedicated to cesarean section procedures.
- Board-certified physician specialists: OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center has providers who are specialized in the area of obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics to provide expert medical care to you and your baby.
- Certified nurse midwives: Our certified nurse midwives are able to provide emotional and physical support, before, during and after your pregnancy.
- Certified breastfeeding educators: If you plan to breastfeed your new baby and have questions or concerns, we’re there to help you be successful both during and after your stay with us.
Special Care Nursery (SCN) with On-Site Neonatologists
We're ready with Level II plus Special Care Nursery services. Our team of board-certified neonatologists is on-site around the clock ready to respond with specialized care for babies born at 30 weeks and above.
If complications arise during your pregnancy or delivery, we have the capabilities to care for high-risk pregnancies and babies, including low-weight and premature births.
The SCN is conveniently located within the birthing center. We continually invest in equipment that enhances the staff’s ability to care for babies who need advanced care, including:
- GE Panda baby warmers: With built-in resuscitation capabilities for high-risk babies as well as the ability to monitor the baby’s oxygen levels and heart rate without additional equipment.
- Giraffe OmniBed: The most advanced and developmentally supportive microenvironment for critically ill infants, its full-featured incubator and radiant warmer eliminates the stress of moving infants from bed to bed.
Tour the Birthing Center
See what a great experience our beautiful Birthing Center can offer!
Call (217) 337-2922 to schedule your tour, or submit a request using the form below.
Parenting and Birthing Classes
Even before your baby arrives, we'll help you prepare for the big moment with classes for you and your family, including dads, siblings and even grandparents.
Classes include preparing for childbirth, baby care, and breastfeeding among others.
Both online and in-person classes are available free of charge. Pre-registration is required.
Save time and reduce stress when it's time for your baby to be delivered. Call ahead at (855) 875-9823 so our staff can be ready for you when you arrive!
OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center
1400 W. Park Street
Urbana, Illinois 61801
Phone: (855) 875-9823