Questions about COVID-19 and pregnancy?
The Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center is built around the miraculous moment of your baby’s birth – from our compassionate caregivers attentive to your every need to our relaxed, comfortable surroundings.
That’s why most expectant mothers who tour our birthing center choose to have their baby with us.
Schedule a Tour
We invite you to come in and take a tour and meet our staff. You’ll be glad you did.
For more information or to schedule a tour, call
Your Care, Your Way
We want you to have the best possible birth experience. And we’ll do everything we can to help you have your baby, your way. Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center is a comfortable and soothing place to bring your new baby into the world.
At Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center, you’ll be an active participant in the decisions that affect your care.
Working with your doctor, we'll provide the birthing option that best matches your needs, including natural birth, epidural anesthesia, C-section procedures and hydrotherapy during labor.
We’ll support you every step of the way as you welcome your new baby into the world.
Why Choose Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center?
- Baby-Friendly® Hospital: As a designated Baby-Friendly Birthing Center, OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center offers the highest level of care by creating an optimal environment to help support moms who chose, to successfully breastfeed their babies.
- Spacious labor and delivery suites: The soothing colors and soft lines of each suite create a peaceful, serene environment to make you as comfortable as possible during labor.
Our suites feature spa-like décor and include:
- Comfortable furniture
- Spacious bathrooms with floor-to-ceiling tiled showers
- Oversized bathtub for soaking during labor
- Flat screen TV and DVD player
- Desk with free wireless internet
- Sleeper couch with an extra long, comfortable bed for a support person to stay the night
- Private, beautiful post-partum suites: Where you will stay after your baby is born until you are ready to go home.
- Welcome Center and Family Oasis: To welcome your family as they visit its newest member
- Two operating rooms and recovery area: Dedicated to cesarean section procedures.
- Board-certified physician specialists: OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center has more than 20 providers in the areas of obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics to provide expert medical care to you and your baby.
- Board-certified neonatologists: For your peace of mind, we offer the services of a team of neonatologists specially trained to treat newborns requiring special care.
- Certified nurse midwives: Our certified nurse midwives are able to provide emotional and physical support, before, during and after your pregnancy.
- Certified breastfeeding educators: If you plan to breastfeed your new baby and have questions or concerns, we’re there to help you be successful.
- Family maternity classes: Even before your baby arrives, we'll help you prepare for the big moment with
classes for you and your family,
including dads, siblings and even grandparents.
Classes include preparing for childbirth, baby care, and breastfeeding among others.
Special Care Nursery (SCN) with On-Site Neonatologists
We're ready with Level II plus special care nursery services. Our team of neonatologists is on-site around the clock ready to respond with specialized care for babies born at 32 weeks and above.
If complications arise during your pregnancy or delivery, we have the capabilities to care for high-risk pregnancies and babies, including low-weight and premature births.
The SCN is conveniently located within the birthing center. We continually invest in equipment that enhances the staff’s ability to care for babies who need advanced care, including:
- GE Panda baby warmers: With built-in resuscitation capabilities for high-risk babies as well as the ability to monitor the baby’s oxygen levels and heart rate without additional equipment.
- Giraffe OmniBed: The most advanced and developmentally supportive microenvironment for critically ill infants, its full-featured incubator and radiant warmer eliminates the stress of moving infants from bed to bed.
To save time on your big day, you can pre-register ahead of time by calling (855) 875-9823.
OSF Heart of Mary partners with Mom365.com to provide newborn photography, and you can choose to share your baby’s photos in our online nursery.