Become a Volunteer
We welcome you to consider joining us in serving our patients and staff. If you would like to make a difference and contribute to our medical center’s community of caregivers, here is your chance!
Please consider joining us in one of our Volunteer Opportunities.
- Commit to serving for at least six months.
- TB test, annual flu shot, an initial criminal background check.
- Attend an orientation and mandatory annual training.
- A weekly 3-4 hour shift is preferred.
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday hours vary depending on needs.
How to Apply
For more information about our volunteer program, please contact Volunteer Services at (309) 665-4728.
Volunteering at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center can be a very rewarding experience. Join us in our Mission of serving our patients, staff and visitors with the greatest care and love, in a community that celebrates the gift of life.
As a Junior Volunteer, you will:
- Serve during the summer.
- Be at least 14 years old to qualify.
- Be asked to serve at least four hours per week.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation.
- Have a variety of volunteer experiences.
Junior Volunteers will serve from June - August 2018.
We will be accepting applications from April 2, 2018 through April 23, 2018.