Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD)
This course is based on the NHTSA National Standard Curriculum for EMD. Completion of the APCO Institute Emergency Medical Dispatch course means that the student has met all of the requirements of the National Standard Curriculum - an important point for states that require compliance with the national curriculum.
- Complete Education Course Application with all specific course requirements as indicated on the course application.
- Appropriate course fee paid prior to start date of class.
- Students must have successfully completed a 40-hour basic telecommunicator training program
- Current CPR from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age by the final course examination date.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency.
OSF Northern Region EMS offers Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) classes throughout the year at various locations. These classes are offered at our agencies locations upon request. Please click the button below if you are interested in hosting or attending a class.