Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN)
The Pre-hospital Registered Nurse Program provides supplemental education to licensed RNs to practice within an EMS System as emergency medical services personnel for pre-hospital and inter-hospital emergency care and non-emergency transports per the guidelines outlined in Section 515.730 of the Illinois EMS Act.
OSFNIEMS offers this course which is designed for the experienced RN who will be working as a pre-hospital provider. The course focuses on developing the knowledge and skills required for the RN to function effectively in a pre-hospital environment. Materials are included.
- Complete Education Course Application with all specific course requirements as indicated on the course application.
- Appropriate course fee paid prior to start date of class.
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure in good standing.
- Current Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer CPR certification.
- Current ACLS certification
- Current ENPC/PALS/PEPP/EMSC certification (only one of these required)
- Current BTLS/PHTLS/TNCC/TNS certification (only one of these required)
OSF Northern Region EMS offers Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) classes throughout the year are various locations. These classes are offered at our agencies locations upon request. Please click the button below if you are interested in hosting or attending a class.