Inpatient therapy at OSF Rehabilitation includes occupational, physical, and speech therapies.
Services are available by physician order for individuals who require skilled therapy to achieve maximum functioning.
On our medical and surgical units, stays are frequently a short, and each patient receives a comprehensive evaluation and a treatment plan which focuses on their needs and goals.
Family and friends can be a great help in your recovery, so we include the questions, concerns and needs of your support system when creating your treatment plan.
As members of the care team, the inpatient rehabilitation staff collaborates with your doctor, nurses, and case managers to provide a complete, coordinated care plan during your hospital stay.
What We Do
Our therapist evaluate and treat you while you are in the hospital in the following areas:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Medical/Surgical Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Behavioral Health
Our programs include:
- Evaluation of your ability to safely return home alone or with assistance
- Assistive device recommendations
- Evaluation and treatment of lower extremity weakness and coordination deficits
- Lower extremity bracing recommendations
- Lymphedema management
What Does It Involve?
At OSF Rehabilitation, we are proud of our dedicated inpatient rehabilitation staff, who provide warm, supportive and individualized care for patients with conditions ranging from orthopedic injuries to complex neurological trauma.
Our team offers many advantages over other skilled nursing and rehab facilities, including:
- Patient-specific therapy in a medically supervised setting
- On-site specialty trained physicians and nurses
- Modern facilities and technologies, with private rooms
- Some programs include complementary medical services including massage therapy, acupuncture and animal therapies