Pediatric Physical Therapy
Pediatric physical therapy promotes appropriate functional movement and mobility.
Those who may benefit from therapy include individuals with:
Challenges with coordination/motor planning
- Developmental delay
- Direct access for physical therapy
- Limitations with balance and gait
- Neuromuscular dysfunction
Preparing for Physical Therapy
Your child will need a physician’s referral to set up an initial evaluation appointment.
What to Bring
Please ensure your child is wearing comfortable clothing and shoes and bring the following:
- Your insurance and a photo ID
- Any adaptive equipment your child requires or has been issued
- Any medical documentation you feel is important and that may not be available to the therapist
- A copy of your child’s IEP if they are receiving therapy at school
When to Arrive
Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to complete the registration process. For children under age 18, a parent or guardian must be present for the initial appointment.