Thank you for your interest in volunteering with OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center! We have a diverse, trained group who selflessly devote thousands of hours each year to support the hospital staff and our patients and families. Please consider joining us.
- Attend an orientation and participate in service area training.
- Volunteers must pass an initial criminal background check.
- A weekly 3-4 hour shift is preferred, however some flexibility in scheduling available.
- TB test, annual flu shot.
Here is a sample of some of the opportunities that are currently available.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities at OSF St. Joseph
- Emergency Department Volunteer - This opportunity is especially suited for anyone wanting to learn more about emergency or trauma services.
- Information Desks - These volunteers are the friendly ambassadors of OSF St. Joseph Medical Center who welcome all guests, answer phones, dispatch transporters, help people find their way and do a myriad of multitasking.
- Karing Partners - Registered Therapy Dogs and their owners bring such comfort and smiles to our patients and are some of the most popular visitors! If your dog is registered, or you would like to learn more, please contact us at (309) 665-4728.
- Music Volunteers - Music provides soothing comfort to patients and staff. Volunteers play various instruments such as piano, violin, and guitar for patients on various units. A movable, digital keyboard is provided.
- OSF MyChart at the Bedside Navigator - The volunteer will assist the patient with accessing their medical chart, their care team information, their medication information, their health education, and other important functions on a tablet set up just for them while here as a patient.
- Transport Services - Transport services volunteers escort visitors to where they need to go and transport patients in wheelchairs throughout the medical center.
OSF Peace Meal
Be a volunteer for the OSF Peace Meal Senior Nutrition Program. We serve Champaign, DeWitt, Ford, Iroquois, McLean, Piatt and Livingston counties. There are one time only volunteer opportunities as well as once a week, a few times a week, or you can be placed on a list to be contacted when needed. We are open Monday through Friday throughout the year.
OSF Peace Meal Volunteer Opportunities
- Meal Delivery- Will assist drivers with delivering meals to seniors’ homes and congregate sites between 9:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Independent routes are also available, but volunteer must use their own vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. Mileage reimbursement optional.
- Kitchen- Will assist with meal preparation at either the Rantoul or Bloomington kitchen between the hours of 6:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. Activities may include bagging bread, cupping fruit, cleaning dishes, etc. Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 10 lbs.)
- Congregate Site Assistant- Will help serve meals to and oversee activities with seniors from 10 a.m. –2 p.m. at any of our site locations within our seven counties.
- Clerical Assistant (Bloomington only) - Hours are flexible based on availability of volunteer. Duties may include answering phones, photo-copying, addressing and mailing letters, and updating our data platform.