Thank you for your interest in volunteering with OSF St. Joseph Medical Center! We have a diverse, trained group who selflessly devote thousands of hours each year to support the hospital staff and our patients and families. Please consider joining us. Here is a sample of some of the opportunities that are currently available.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
- Emergency Department Volunteer - This opportunity is especially suited for anyone wanting to learn more about emergency or trauma services.
- Fidget blankets for patients - Fabric kits and small items to attach are provided to make this well received activity mat for our confused, dementia or stroke patients. Requires some sewing.
- Information Desks - These volunteers are the friendly ambassadors of OSF St. Joseph Medical Center who welcome all guests, answer phones, dispatch transporters, help people find their way and do a myriad of multitasking.
- Karing Partners - Registered Therapy Dogs and their owners bring such comfort and smiles to our patients and are some of the most popular visitors! If your dog is registered, or you would like to learn more, please contact us at (309) 665-4728.
- Music Volunteers - Music provides soothing comfort to patients and staff. Volunteers play various instruments such as piano, violin, and guitar for patients on various units. A movable, digital keyboard is provided.
- OSF MyChart at the Bedside Navigator - The volunteer will assist the patient with accessing their medical chart, their care team information, their medication information, their health education, and other important functions on a tablet set up just for them while here as a patient.
- Transport Services - Transport services volunteers escort visitors to where they need to go and transport patients in wheelchairs throughout the medical center.