OSF OnCall Connect
Pandemic Health Worker Program
Are you concerned you may have been exposed to someone with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and aren’t sure what to do next? Maybe you’re experiencing symptoms. Or, perhaps you’ve tested positive for the virus.
The Pandemic Health Worker (PHW) program – a simple, convenient care option – is here for you. Our team of digital health care workers can provide the care, support and comforting assurance you need in the safety of your own home.
What is Pandemic Health Worker Program?
If you are 18 years of age or older and have been diagnosed with COVID-19 symptoms or are at high risk for contracting the virus, a member of the PHW team will contact you and arrange for a health kit to be sent to your home that will help us monitor your illness.
The kit may include:
- Health education materials
- Hand sanitizer
- Information on how to user your smart device to connect and communicate with your PHW team member
How Does the Program Work?
A member of the PHW team will digitally visit with you daily over a 16-day period.
What if My Symptoms Worsen?
If your symptoms worsen, you will be referred to the Acute COVID@Home program where you will receive monitoring equipment that allows us to evaluate your blood pressure, heart rate and blood oxygen level.
Registered nurses and licensed providers will oversee your care.
If your symptoms continue to decline, you will be referred to a designated facility.
How to Join the Pandemic Health Worker Program
- You must be age 18 or older, receive an initial screening for COVID-19 using our digital assistant, Clare, or have a referral from your primary care provider.
- Based on that screening and nurse triage recommendations, you may be invited to enroll in the Pandemic Health Worker program.
- Within 24 hours, a member of the PHW team will call you, enroll you, get a better understanding of your technology needs and arrange for a health kit to be sent to your home.
If you are having trouble managing any feelings of depression, anxiety or stress at this time, OSF SilverCloud is there for you to help you cope.
The Pandemic Health Worker program is made possible through a contract with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.