Sports medicine doctors have special training on how to restore function to injured patients so they can get moving again as soon as possible.
They are also knowledgeable about preventing illness and injury in active people.
They treat children and teens involved in sports and adults who exercise for personal fitness, as well as people who have physically demanding jobs, like construction workers.
Some common services include:
- Fracture care
- Musculoskeletal injuries not requiring surgery
- Arthritis and ligament injuries
- Tendon and muscular injuries
- Ultrasound-guided and non-guided musculoskeletal injections
- Diagnostic ultra-sound evaluation of muscles and joints
- Evaluation and management of athletes with illness or injury