PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency
Our pharmacy team is pleased to offer our Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Program. We are a diverse team of pharmacists providing inpatient services to multiple clinical zones, including pediatric intensive care, pediatric hematology-oncology, and neonatal intensive care.
Pediatric pharmacists verify orders for all pediatric patients at Illinois OSF facilities. Opportunities are available to earn a teaching certificate and precept APPE students and PGY1 residents.
We are committed to providing a broad experience to equip our residents for their future careers.
The residency was founded in 2012. Graduates of the program work in pediatric specialist positions in 6 states.
If you have any questions that the following information does not address please contact the Residency Program Director, Margaret Heger, Pharm.D.,BCPS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 624-0786.
NMS Code: 660661
We participate in the match program through Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service
- One resident per year
Pay and Benefits
- $49,500/year salary
- Medical, dental and life insurance available
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Sick pay
- Travel reimbursement
- Hospital employee discount program (various local businesses)
|Core Rotations||Elective Rotations|
|Administration (longitudinal)||Outpatient Hematology/Oncology|
|General Pediatrics (4 weeks)||Pediatric Emergency Department|
|Inpatient Hematology/Oncology (4 weeks)||Repeat Core|
|Medication Safety (longitudinal)|
|Neonatal Intensive Care (8 weeks)|
|Pediatric Congenital Heart (4 weeks)|
|Pediatric Infectious Disease (4 weeks)|
|Pediatric Critical Care (4 weeks)|
|Pediatric Nutrition Support (4 weeks)|
|Pediatric Pharmacy Practice (longitudinal)|
Additional Resident Staffing Requirements/Responsibilities/Assignments
- Staff every third weekend in pharmacy
- Additional 16 hours each month on second shift
- 1 major holiday and 1 minor holiday
- BLS and PALS certification (opportunity provided on site)
- Attendance at ASHP mid-year meeting
- Research project with presentation at regional conference (PPAG preferred)
Very Important: Application Checklist
- Complete online application for OSF HealthCare
- Complete online application for ASHP Resident Matching Program
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter
- Submit CV
- 3 letters of recommendation (strongly recommended one letter be from current RPD)
- For program application deadlines, see PHORCAS.
Very Important: Submission Guidelines
Submitting all application components electronically to the residency application website is required.
Only the OSF online application is automatically submitted via our local website.