Opportunities for Students to serve in the summer
Volunteers are an extension of our Community of Caregivers and serve as a liaison for patients, their families and our staff. Volunteers serve in a variety of assignments, including clerical, hospitality, clinical, encouragement and day-to-day operations. Some assignments have a minimum age requirement of 18.
Interested in becoming part of our team?
Requirements for student volunteers:
- Have a desire to serve others
In good physical and mental health
Minimum age of 16 (must be 16 by June 4, 2017)
Currently attending high school, college or working on a GED
Provide documentation of immunizations: MMR, Varicella (chicken pox), and Tdap
- Agree to remain a volunteer from June 4 - August 5, 2017
- Agree to volunteer a minimum of seven weeks out of the nine week program
- Agree to volunteer one day per week (same day, time and area) for duration of program
- Able to volunteer in 3-4 hour shifts
- Complete an online orientation
- Attend an in-person review session on either the evening of May 31, 2017 or the morning of June 3, 2017
- Abide by the policies and regulations of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and Volunteer Services Department
- Interviews will be conducted in March and April
- Students will receive their assignment at time of interview and will be given on a first come, first served basis
- Failure to meet the minimum commitment of volunteering seven out of 9 weeks from June 4 - August 5, 2017, will result in being assessed a $25 processing fee, no recommendation letter, and ineligibility to volunteer for three years
Steps for getting started
The 2017 application process has ended. Applications for our 2018 summer program will be accepted in early 2018. Please check back at that time for more details.