Social Work Services
Don't face life's difficulties alone. Professional and confidential help is close at hand.
Everyone faces difficulties in life at one time or another. For those times when troubles and doubt become too hard to handle alone, the services of a professional and confidential counselor may help.
OSF Saint James' Social Work Services professionals provide assistance in areas such as:
- Adjusting to illness
- Geriatric needs assessment and support
- Nursing home and continuing care placement
- The creation or amendment of Advance Directives for patients (living wills and durable powers of attorney for healthcare)
- Home care referrals and acquisition of home medical equipment
- Facilitation of qualified translator & interpreter services, as well as communication assistance devices
We can also provide information about local counseling services related to:
- Marriage & family problems
- Job related stress
- Anxiety, doubt, or lack of self-understanding
- Physical or emotional problems
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Childhood and adolescence
- Difficulties with school, social life
- Family support services
OSF Saint James Social Work Services professionals can be reached Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by calling (815) 842-4540. Appointments outside these hours may be arranged, depending on the circumstances.
All calls and information will be kept strictly confidential.