Visiting a Patient
Family members and friends are welcome to visit OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center.
We ask for your assistance in helping your family member or friend recover as quickly as possible by allowing them the quiet rest time they need during their stay.
- Smoking will NOT be allowed anywhere on medical center property
- All visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes at all times
- Visitors in semi-private rooms are asked to be considerate of both patients
- Visits should be kept short to encourage the patient to rest
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient room at certain times in order to maintain privacy or for the comfort of the patient. Please respect our request.
- Visitors, including family, are expected to follow all isolation and transmission-based guidelines before entering an isolation room. Please seek assistance from the nurse.
- During times of high incidence of communicable disease, OSF Saint James may institute further limitation of visitors as necessary for the protection of our patients and the public.
Visiting an ICU Patient
Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. but may be altered at the discretion of the nurse, based upon the patient's condition or needs.
Children under 12 are not allowed to visit the ICU unless an exception is made by the nurse.
Visiting a Family Birthing Center Patient
All visitors must check in at the nurses station upon arrival to the unit. All visitors must be free of symptoms of illness.