OSF Saint James SportsHealth professionals (certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, and occupational therapists) work closely with primary care physicians and OSF Medical Group - Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery to provide the complete spectrum of sports injury assessment, treatment, and advice --- all under one roof.
As a part of your school team or athletic program, athletic trainers from OSF Saint James SportsHealth Services use their education and training relating to biomechanics, exercise physiology, anatomy and physiology for the prevention, recognition, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
The athletic trainers work closely with student athletes, coaches, and physicians to develop and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program for each injured athlete.
For more information about our SportsHealth services, call Ryan Darko at (309) 256-1898..
Get the CompetitiveEDGE!
OSF HealthCare Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Centers offers CompetitiveEDGE, a sports enhancement and acceleration program where we provide area eighth grade through high school athletes with cutting edge training methods needed to gain an edge over the competition.
The program includes pre- and post-testing to demonstrate results. Emphasis is on explosive plyometric training, footwork and functional strength. We prove that our program works by taking baseline measurements of your athletic abilities and compare them to your post program measurements.
- Small group sessions of three to four athletes meet three times a week
- Sessions take place at the Community Recreation Center, 900 N. Elm St., Pontiac
Two sessions are available:
- First week of June through June 29 for $100
- July 8 - August 16 for $150
- Registration deadline is May 24. To register, call Ryan Darko at (309) 256-1898 or email email@example.com.
The following equipment is available to use in the program:
- Bands and resistance ropes for speed and agility training
- Plyo jump boxes
- Free weights, including squat racks and Olympic-style weights
- Heavy-weighted slam med balls
- Recumbent bike