Sports Health Clinic
OSF Saint James Sports Health professionals (certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, and occupational therapists) work closely with primary care physicians and OSF Medical Group - Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery to provide the complete spectrum of sports injury assessment, treatment, and advice - all under one roof.
As a part of your school team or athletic program, athletic trainers from OSF Saint James Sports Health use their education and training relating to biomechanics, exercise physiology, anatomy and physiology for the prevention, recognition, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
The athletic trainers work closely with student athletes, coaches, and physicians to develop and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program for each injured athlete.
Get the CompetitiveEDGE!
OSF Saint James offers CompetitiveEDGE, a sports enhancement and acceleration program where we provide area eighth grade through high school athletes with cutting edge training methods needed to gain an edge over the competition.
The program includes pre- and post-testing to demonstrate results.
Emphasis is on explosive plyometric training, footwork and functional strength. We prove that our program works by taking baseline measurements of your athletic abilities and compare them to your post program measurements.
- Small groups of no more than six athletes meet three times a week.
- Sessions take place at the Community Recreation Center, 900 N. Elm Street in Pontiac.
- July 9 - August 14, 2020 (Watch this space for the 2021 dates!)
- $135 per athlete
- Registration deadline is July 5, 2020. To register or ask questions, call Ryan Darko at (309) 256-1898 or email email@example.com .
The following equipment is available to use in the program:
- Bands and resistance ropes for speed and agility training
- Plyo jump boxes
- Free weights, including squat racks and Olympic-style weights
- Heavy-weighted slam med balls
- Recumbent bike
|Practice Name||Address||City||Phone||Today's Hours|
|OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center||2500 W. Reynolds Street||Pontiac||(815) 842-2828||
For more information about OSF Saint James Sports Health, call Ryan Darko at (309) 256-1898.