The opportunities below are for both adult and student volunteers.
At the Medical Center
- Gift Shop Associate - Assisting customers in the gift shop as a salesperson
- Bazaars/Bake Sales - Helping set up for the event by diving up baked items and acting as sales clerk and cashier on the day of the event
- Clerical Support - Helping various departments with filing, assembling booklets, and answering phones
- Information Desk Associate - Helping direct visitors and answer questions from the front desk
- Patient Transport/Guide - Helping patients and visitors navigate the facility, assisting with wheelchair use, and delivering discharged patients to the pick-up area
- Baking items for bake sales
- Telephoning other volunteers for help with projects (ex: baking for a bake sale or working at a bazaar)
- Passing out fliers and selling tickets to events
For more information about Volunteering at OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center, please call Paulette Krippel at (815) 842-4535.