Questions about COVID-19 and pregnancy?
We are honored that you are choosing OSF Saint Francis Medical Center to share in this important and special time in your life. We look forward to meeting you, whether that be at a birthing class, a tour of our birthing center or upon your arrival for your child's birthday.
You can be assured we have thought of everything. All the right staff will be at your bedside ready to assist with every situation. Our top priority is the health and safety of you and your newborn so that the memories of this special celebration are ones to cherish.
The venue for your birthday party offers many benefits:
- Love and concern for not only the mom and baby, but the whole family
- Comfortable, spacious, private birthing suite
- On-site maternal-fetal doctors, breastfeeding consultants, photographers, room service
- Immediate access to OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois
- A culture of education, with staff devoted to practicing how to react in every situation
- An advanced practice team that attends all C-sections and high-risk births
- A commitment to offering skin-to-skin breastfeeding in all birthing circumstances
- A commitment to the view that "healthy babies are worth the wait"
What does all of this mean? It means that moms and newborns are being cared for with the greatest care and love by a team that makes health and safety a top priority in absolutely everything they do.
Blue Distinction Center
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has recognized OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center with the Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care designation as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures that were developed with input from the medical community.
Our Family Birthing Center
We love caring for moms, babies and families. We are organized to best meet the many needs and stages throughout your journey of ... pregnancy, delivery, recovery and caring for your newborn.
It can best be described as seven main areas of care:
- Educational classes -- Before giving birth we have a wide variety of classes on many different topics; Lamaze, breastfeeding, multiples, preventing pre-term labor, refresher course, siblings, infant/child CPR and car seat safety.
- Antepartum – Inpatient unit for moms admitted for bed rest or pregnancy complications
- Maternal-Fetal Diagnostics – Outpatient office for moms with high-risk pregnancies to come for appointments with our maternal-fetal doctors. These staff members and doctors are also very involved in the inpatient antepartum and labor and delivery areas.
- Labor & Delivery – This includes both the inpatient suites where moms give birth as well as the triage units where pregnant moms are checked and supervised when they first come in with labor pains or concerns.
- Mom/Baby Care – Inpatient rooms where the moms and babies stay and are cared for until going home. This area includes the baby nursery.
- Breastfeeding Resources – On-site breastfeeding consultants who assist immediately after birth and throughout the mom and baby's stay. Also includes an offsite, outpatient resource center for help in the months before birth and the days, weeks and months after returning home.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Stabilization Nursery – A nursery in the labor and delivery unit where high risk babies are cared for if close observation is needed. A determination can be made whether the baby needs full time care in the Children's Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care unit.
Schedule a Tour
Schedule a tour of our birthing center. It is best to schedule 4-8 weeks prior to your delivery date (around your 7th month).
Our staff would love to meet you and answer any of your questions. A birthing center nurse will help coordinate the best time for your visit.
Call (309) 655-2727 for more information.
We offer Bella Baby Photography at some of our birthing centers to take a variety of photos of your family and new baby. We encourage you to use our online photo service to privately release those first precious glimpses out to family and friends.
With your consent, a professional photographer will post the photos online. A custom slideshow is available for your viewing shortly after your session.
Online viewing and ordering is password protected and only available to those you choose to share your access code with. The slideshow will be available for viewing for 14 days after the photos are taken.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
530 NE Glen Oak Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61637
Phone: (309) 655-2000