Questions about COVID-19 and pregnancy?
We are honored that you are choosing OSF Saint Francis Medical Center to share in this important and special time in your life.
Our top priority at the OSF Family Birthing Center is the health and safety of you and your baby so that the memories of this special celebration are ones to cherish.
We look forward to meeting you, whether at a tour of our birthing center or upon your arrival for your child's birthday.
You can be assured we have thought of everything. All the right staff will be at your bedside, ready to assist with every situation.
The venue for your child's birthday party offers many benefits:
- Love and concern for not only the mom and baby but the whole family
- Comfortable, spacious, private birthing suite
- On-site maternal-fetal doctors, breastfeeding consultants, photographers, and room service
- Immediate access to OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois
- A culture of education, with staff devoted to practicing how to react in every situation
- An advanced practice team that attends all C-sections and high-risk births
- A commitment to offering skin-to-skin breastfeeding in all birthing circumstances
- A commitment to the view that "healthy babies are worth the wait."
All of this means that moms and newborns are being cared for with the greatest care and love by a team that makes health and safety a top priority in absolutely everything they do.
Blue Distinction Center
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has recognized OSF Saint Francis with the Blue Distinction® Specialty Care program as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures developed with input from the medical community.
Our Family Birthing Center
We love caring for moms, babies and families. The OSF Family Birthing Center is organized to best meet the many needs and stages throughout your journey of pregnancy, delivery, recovery and caring for your newborn.
It can best be described as seven main areas of care:
- New Mom Virtual Education - Before you give birth, we invite you to check out our wide variety of online classes.
Topics include nutrition, stretching exercises, how to use a birthing ball, breastfeeding, car seat safety, postpartum depression and more.
- Antepartum - This inpatient unit is for moms admitted for bed rest or pregnancy complications.
- Maternal-Fetal Diagnostics - Outpatient office for moms with high-risk pregnancies to come for appointments with our maternal-fetal doctors. These staff members and doctors are also very involved in the inpatient antepartum and labor and delivery areas.
- Labor and Delivery - This includes both the inpatient suites where moms give birth and the triage units where pregnant moms are checked and supervised when they first come in with labor pains or concerns.
- Mom and Baby Care - These inpatient rooms are where the moms and babies stay and are cared for until going home. This area includes the baby nursery.
- Breastfeeding Resources - On-site breastfeeding consultants assist immediately after birth and throughout the mom and baby's stay.
This also includes an offsite outpatient resource center for help in the months before delivery and the days, weeks and months after returning home.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Stabilization Nursery - A nursery in the labor and delivery unit where high-risk babies are cared for if a close observation is needed.
A determination can be made whether the baby needs full-time care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois.
Schedule a Tour
Our staff would love to meet you and answer any of your questions.
It is best to schedule four to eight weeks before your delivery date (around your seventh month).
Please be aware that during the COVID-19 pandemic, certain restrictions are in place. Tour times are limited, and each tour is restricted to one couple.
Reservations are required. Call (309) 655-2727 for more information.
We offer Bella Baby Photography at some of our birthing centers to take a various photos of your family and new baby. We encourage you to use our online photo service to privately release those first precious glimpses out to family and friends.
With your consent, a professional photographer will post the photos online. A custom slideshow is available for your viewing shortly after your session.
Online viewing and ordering are password-protected and only available to those you choose to share your access code with. The slideshow will be available for viewing for 14 days after the photos are taken.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
530 NE Glen Oak Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61637
Phone: (309) 655-2000