Pregnancy & Birth - Peoria
Want a Tour?
At the OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center Family Birthing Center, our top priority is the health and safety of you and your child.
Support from Your Care Team
Mom and baby can be assured the top experts in their field will be at your bedside, ready to assist with every situation. Not only will mom and baby feel supported, but the whole family will feel the greatest care and love delivered by a team of expert clinicians and support staff. We offer:
- The highest level of maternal-fetal care, with access to our Maternal Fetal Diagnostic Center with on-site providers who specialize in caring for complex pregnancies, with advanced technology, including Evolusion E10 sonography machines.
- A Level IV NICU and Level III Nursery, where your baby will have direct access to a care team and equipment that can handle the smallest and most complex little ones.
- OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, where you and baby will have immediate access to the highest level of care available, with the top providers and specialists in their field right on campus.
- A commitment to supporting skin-to-skin breastfeeding in all birthing circumstances, with on-site international board-certified lactation consultations available seven days a week.
- 24/7 on-site labor physicians, so we’re ready whenever you are.
- An advanced practice team that attends all C-sections and high-risk births.
- 24/7 on-site pediatric hospitalists to care for baby.
- Remote fetal monitoring to encourage movement during labor.
From the top of his head to his tiniest toe, your baby will be wrapped in support from the moment he or she arrives. We offer:
- A commitment to keeping mom and baby together whenever possible.
- HALO Bassinests, safely allowing newborns to sleep as close as possible to mom.
- Comfortable, spacious and private birthing suites, with updated cabinetry, flooring and bathrooms, as well as two dedicated operating rooms for labor and delivery patients.
- Support for a variety of birth plans, including allowing in-room doulas or midwives, birthing balls and birthing bars.
- Additional non-clinical support for families, including financial assistance and pastoral care for spiritual well-being.
Accreditations and Certifications
We are designated as a Level III Perinatal Center, which includes our Maternal Fetal Diagnostic Center that is accredited through the American Institute of Ultrasound in medicine. This team includes APNs, sonographers, diabetic educators, dieticians, genetic counselors, and case management, in addition to physician providers.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has recognized OSF Saint Francis with the Blue Distinction® Specialty Care program, a national designation for hospitals demonstrating expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
OSF Saint Francis is proud to be a Magnet® hospital. The Magnet Recognition Program® recognizes excellence in nursing and is widely accepted as the gold standard of patient care.
Whether it’s before, during or after delivery, we have all the additional support you and baby need.
Parenting & Birthing Classes
Before you give birth, we invite you to check out our informational classes. Many classes can be viewed from the comfort of your own home. If you prefer in-person classes, both birthing and breastfeeding options are offered at the Breastfeeding Resource Center in Peoria. All classes are free and registration for in-person classes can be done by clicking “Find a Class” below.
We’re proud to offer Bella Baby Photography services for all families who deliver at OSF Saint Francis. Their professional newborn photographers take a variety of photos for your family to cherish for years to come.
A password-protected custom slideshow will be available to you for 14 days after the photos are taken.
Breastfeeding Resource Center
The Breastfeeding Resource Center is dedicated to helping nursing moms and their families successfully incorporate breastfeeding into their lifestyle. All moms who deliver at OSF Saint Francis receive one free visit after they are discharged from the hospital.
Schedule a Tour
We love caring for moms, babies and families and would love to meet you and answer all your questions. Prepare for your big day by taking a tour of our center, meeting the staff and familiarizing yourself with the layout.
|In-person tours are available every:|
|Monday, Wednesday and Friday||11 a.m.|
|Thursday and Friday||5 p.m.|
We recommend taking a tour four to six weeks before delivery. Tours include up to three couples and will take about one hour.
You can also take a virtual tour.
If taking a tour, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to allow for parking and navigating to the birthing wing. We recommend you use our easy and free valet parking available on the first floor of parking deck A or at the main entrance.
Once inside the hospital, follow the hallway to the skywalk.
After crossing the skywalk, the Zone 2 elevators will be immediately to your left. Take the Zone 2 elevators to the 5th floor.
Check in at the triage desk. One of the members of our leadership team will meet you there to begin your tour.
If you are in labor, unscheduled, please use the Emergency Department entrance.
To schedule your tour, please contact Heidi Jones.
Make sure to know your route to the hospital. Our address is:
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
530 NE Glen Oak Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61637
Phone: (309) 655-2000
Save time and reduce stress when it’s time to deliver baby. Call ahead to pre-register at (309) 683-6754.