Questions about COVID-19 and pregnancy?
Whether this is your first child or another addition to your family, childbirth is an event that you and your family will cherish the memory of forever.
At the OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center Family Birthing Center, our top priority is the health and safety of you and your child, so that the memories of this celebration are ones to cherish.
We are honored to share this important and special time in your life, and you can be assured the right staff will be at your bedside, ready to assist with every situation.
Our private birthing suites provide a comfortable, spacious setting to welcome your child.
Our Family Birthing Center
We love caring for moms, babies and families. The OSF Family Birthing Center is organized to best meet the many needs and stages throughout your journey of pregnancy, delivery, recovery and caring for your newborn.
It can best be described as seven main areas of care:
- New Mom Virtual Education - Before you give birth, we invite you to check out our variety of online classes.
- Antepartum - This inpatient unit is for moms admitted for bed rest or pregnancy complications.
- Maternal-Fetal Diagnostics - Outpatient office for moms with high-risk pregnancies to come for appointments with our maternal-fetal doctors. These staff members and doctors are also very involved in the inpatient antepartum and labor and delivery areas.
- Labor and Deliver - This includes both the inpatient suites where moms give birth and the triage units where pregnant moms are checked and supervised when they first come in with labor pains or concerns.
- Mom and Baby Care - These inpatient rooms are where the moms and babies stay and are cared for until going home. This area includes the baby nursery.
- Breastfeeding Resource - Choosing to breastfeed can be one of the most important decisions a mother makes to protect her baby's health and well-being. Our on-site breastfeeding consultants assist immediately after birth and throughout the mom and baby's stay.
Breastfeeding Resource Center
This also includes an offsite outpatient resource center for help in the months before delivery and the days, weeks and months after returning home.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Stabilization Nursery - This nursery in the labor and delivery unit is where high-risk babies are cared for if a close observation is needed.
If your baby needs full-time care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois, you can take comfort as a parent knowing they will receive consistent and high-quality care without needing to travel to Chicago or St. Louis.
The venue for your child's birthday party offers many benefits:
- Love and concern for not only the mom and baby but the whole family
- Comfortable, spacious, private birthing suite
- On-site maternal-fetal doctors, breastfeeding consultants, photographers, and room service
- Immediate access to OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois
- A culture of education, with staff devoted to practicing how to react in every situation
- An advanced practice team that attends all C-sections and high-risk births
- A commitment to offering skin-to-skin breastfeeding in all birthing circumstances
- A commitment to the view that "healthy babies are worth the wait."
All of this means that moms and newborns are being cared for with the greatest care and love by a team that makes health and safety a top priority in absolutely everything they do.
Blue Distinction Center
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has recognized OSF Saint Francis with the Blue Distinction® Specialty Care program, a national designation for hospitals demonstrating expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
Schedule a Tour
It is best to schedule four to eight weeks before your delivery date (around your seventh month). If you have further questions please contact Heidi Jones at Heidi.M.Jones@osfhealthcare.org and she will direct your message to one of our patient care leaders.
Tours are offered every Tuesday from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and then from 3:00 - 6:00 PM on the 1st Thursday of each month.
Reservations are required. Please submit a tour request using the form below.
Parenting & Birthing Classes
Before you give birth, we invite you to check out our catalog of online classes. We offer a variety of online and in-person classes to help you and your family prepare for your little one's arrival.
Topics include nutrition, stretching exercises, how to use a birthing ball, breastfeeding, car seat safety, postpartum depression and more.
We offer Bella Baby Photography to take a variety of photos of your family and new baby.
We encourage you to use our online photo service to private release those first precious glimpses to family and friends.
A password-protected custom slideshow will be available to you for 14 days after the photos are taken.
With your consent, the photographer will also post the photos online.
Save time and reduce stress when it’s time for your baby to be delivered.
Call ahead at (309) 683-6754 to begin your registration process.
Make sure to know your route to the hospital and where to go once you arrive.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
530 NE Glen Oak Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61637
Phone: (309) 655-2000
Once you arrive on the OSF Saint Francis campus, follow the appropriate directions to arrive at the Family Birthing Center.
If you are in labor, unscheduled, please use the Emergency Department entrance.
If you are arriving for a scheduled delivery, please use the visitors parking deck, then follow the signs to Labor and Delivery, located on the fifth floor of Zone 2.