Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing degree programs include online education components that allow you to attend online nursing courses and complete assignments from remote locations, using your personal computer.
Some programs do require your physical presence on campus for clinical rotations and practicums. Others, such as RN to BSN, are 100% online nursing degree programs.
Students on a traditional BSN track are required to attend classes and clinicals on campus, although some courses are available online and research classes are strictly online.
The graduate program for Family Nurse Practitioner requires on-campus presence for two four-day practicums and the final proficiency in the last practicum. Classes are available online, and clinicals can be completed in the student’s home area.
The graduate program for Adult Gerontology Acute Care requires the student's on campus presence for 1-4 days for each of the four practicum courses. Classes are available online.
Our faculty are committed to providing you the highest quality learning experience, which includes being accessible to you.
Our instructional design and technology specialist is dedicated to assisting faculty in providing active learning opportunities for students, increasing the effectiveness of current communication channels and supporting all faculty, staff and students in their use of technology.
Some of the technologies we utilize to facilitate engaged, active learning include:
- A learning management system for all courses
- Wireless classrooms for interactive group activities
- Simulations labs that include SimMan, SimBaby, SimMan 3G, SimMom, SimNewB, and SimMan essentials
- A videoconferencing system
Minimum Computer Requirements
All College of Nursing courses require the use of a computer and a .edu email account.
You may use the College's computer labs or your own personal computer. If you choose to use a personal computer, you will need the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or newer
- Intel Core i5/ADM A6 2 GHz Intel processor or better
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB internal solid state hard drive
- 802.11 g 5 GHz wireless adapter
- 1 HDMI port
- 1 USB port 3.0
- 15" Display with 1280x800 resolution
- High capacity battery, fully charged before each class
- Reliable Internet connectivity with 5 MB speed
- Sound card
- Web camera (Internal or external)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- DirectX 9 or newer
- .net Framework 4.6+
- Internet browser (latest version, both are required)
- Microsoft Office : Students are provided with free online access to Microsoft Office 365
- MP4 video player (latest version)
- Screen Readers (optional)
- Additional software will be provided within enrolled courses
- Mobile Devices
- Operating System
- Apple iOS 8.2 or newer / Android OS 4.4 or newer
- iPhone: iOS Safari 3.1.3 or newer
- Android: OS Browser 1.5 or newer
- Windows: OS Browser 7.0 or newer
- Blackberry: OS Browser 5.0 or newer
- webOS: OS Browser 1.4.1 or newer
- Symbian: OS Browser 3.0 or newer
- Operating System
Note: Additional system requirements and/or software may be required and is based on the technology individual professors choose. Check with your professor for specific requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding computers, the learning management system, and/or student information system, please contact:
Instruction Design & Technologies Specialist
Phone: (309) 678-7620
- OSF Help Desk
- Phone: (309) 655-2293