Early High School Admissions
The college offers the opportunity for qualified students who have completed their junior year of high school to apply for early acceptance to the College.
As part of the program, the accepted student is guaranteed a spot in the class by meeting the requirements for early admission and maintaining eligibility requirements.
Admitted students are assigned an academic advisor to develop a plan of study and career path and become part of an elite group able to begin on a path into the nursing profession.
Please submit all required application materials between May 15 and September 10.
After the September 10 deadline date, applications will not be accepted. Selection date October 25.
Number of Seats Available
The College will select 10 candidates from the application pool to be admitted in each of its fall semesters.
- Assigned an academic advisor to develop a plan of study and career path
- Guaranteed a spot in the class
- Part of an elite group able to begin a path into the nursing profession
- Enrollment in the college-prep track in high school
- High school GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4-point scale
- ACT score of 22 or higher or an SAT score of 1100 or higher
After completing junior year of high school:
- Complete and submit the early high school admission application
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts once grades and class rank have been calculated following the spring semester of the junior year.
- Submit a one-two page typed essay
- Official ACT or SAT test report
Maintaining Early Admission Eligibility
- Submit the following to the college Director of Admissions:
- Official high school transcript upon completion of senior year
- Official college transcripts upon completion of each semester of college
- Maintain a minimum college GPA of 3.0 while taking the required 59 credit hours of liberal arts and science courses at the college of their choice. If the college GPA of 3.0 is not maintained, the student will be removed from the early admission status and be placed in the regular admission pool.
- Student is required to attend all mandatory College meetings and remain in contact with their College of Nursing academic advisor between their date of acceptance and the date they begin courses at the College.
- Student must meet the College’s current admission standards related to pre-nursing courses.
- Students that do not meet the early admission requirements or do not maintain their early admission eligibility will be removed from the early admission status and be placed in the regular admission pool.
Students that do not meet the early admission requirements or do not maintain their early admission eligibility will be removed from the early admission status and be placed in the regular admission pool.
For more information on early admissions or the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, please call us at (309) 655-2596 or (309) 655-3274.
You may also email us at CONAdmissions@osfhealthcare.org.