Awards and Certifications
OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center has the area's largest inpatient rehabilitation center, featuring facilities for physical, occupational and speech therapy.
We are also home to the area's only Adult Behavioral Health Unit in a hospital setting. Its design incorporates a holistic approach to care, much like our state-of-the art Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center that includes home-like birthing suites.
While the special touch makes both facilities comfortable for patients, they also feature advanced technology.
For more than a century, we've offered a team of skilled physicians, nurses, technicians and medical workers dedicated to providing patient-focused community care that makes a difference. It's an accomplishment we're proud of and a commitment we're determined to keep.
We strive to provide you what you deserve – excellent care. From the moment you walk in the door, our qualified and skilled staff are here to care for you every step of the way.
- Named a 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital by Thomson Reuters for 2012
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Champaign-Urbana’s only enhanced Electronic Intensive Care Unit (eICU)
- Area’s only Behavioral Health Care in a hospital setting
Quality of Care
Quality awards earned by OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center include:
- Recipient of Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- A recognized Baby-Friendly hospital
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI
- CARF Accreditation Inpatient Rehabilitation program with designations for amputation and stroke specialty
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited for Blood Gas Lab
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited for Laboratory
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) designation by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Sexual Assault Treatment Center
OSF Heart of Mary is committed to providing advanced care to the residents of Champaign County and its surrounding community.
Below are some of the firsts brought to the community:
- The area's first hospice program.
- The area's first rehabilitation center.
- The first pastoral care department in this area.
- The area's first nursing school (now the School of Nursing at Parkland).
- The first to allow fathers into delivery rooms during C-sections.
- The area's first water birth.
- The first hospital-based service ambulance service and regional EMS system.
- The first Illinois hospital outside of Chicago to offer Sensei X® robotic technology for electrophysiology procedures.