PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
Our pharmacy team is pleased to offer an American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program.
We are a diverse team of pharmacists providing inpatient services to multiple clinical zones, including adult, pediatric, and critical care, across the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois campus.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is a 600+ bed hospital and Level I adult and pediatric trauma center located in downtown Peoria, Illinois.
If you have any questions that the following information does not address, please contact the Residency Program Director, Jessica Anderson, PharmD at Jessica.L.Anderson@osfhealthcare.org or (309) 624-2617.
NMS Code: 193613
We participate in the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
- Three residents per year
- July 1 - June 30 (Orientation starts the last week of June)
For your application to be considered complete, we must receive items in the checklist below by January 10.
Pay & Benefits
- $47,000/year salary
- Medical, dental and life insurance available
- Three weeks of PTO (will be used for holidays and 1/2 of time off for meeting attendance
- Sick pay
- Travel reimbursement
- Hospital employee discount program (various local businesses)
- Free food from the hospital cafeteria
We are committed to providing a broad experience to equip our residents for their future careers.
Rotations are set up as follows:
- Ten four-week-long rotations consisting of 7 core rotations and three elective rotations
- Four three-month-long longitudinal rotations and one year-long pharmacy practice rotation
|Core Rotations||Elective Rotations|
|Adult Internal Medicine||Cardiology|
|Critical Care (Surgical, Cardiovascular, or Emergency Medicine)||Neonatal Critical Care|
|Pediatric Critical Care||Nutrition Support|
|Medical Critical Care||Pediatric Hematology/Oncology|
|Pharmacy Informatics||Pharmacy Practice|
- Required to complete a year-long research project
- Projected completed throughout the year with a project month during December
- Present research poster at Great Lakes regional conference and ASHP mid-year meeting
- Every 3rd weekend
- Nine Monday-Friday blocks throughout the year
- Work one major and one minor holiday
- No on-call requirements
Additional Resident Staffing Requirements, Responsibilities, & Assignments
- BLS and ACLS certification (opportunity provided on-site)
- PALS certification (optional)
- Attendance at ASHP mid-year meeting
- Completion of Teaching Certificate Program through Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) School of Pharmacy
Very Important: Application Checklist
Application Deadline: January 10
all following items must be completed by this date
- Send 3 Letters of Reference (letters from direct patient care preceptors preferred)
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter
- Submit CV
- Submit Copy of Transcripts
Very Important: Submission Guidelines
Submitting all application components electronically to Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service is required.