Visiting a Patient
Visitors can be good medicine for patients and family members and friends are welcome to visit.
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Intensive Care Units have special hours and guidelines.
While visiting we ask that visitors follow the following guidelines:
- Each visitor must be at least 12 years of age. Permission must be received from the nurse in charge for visitors younger than 12.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Visitors should use public restrooms, not patient bathrooms
- No smoking on medical center campus.
- Visitors must dress appropriately, including shirt and shoes
- No more that 2 visitors allowed at the bedside at a time
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients
- Visits should be kept short
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid any unnecessary noise
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or examinations