Don’t get Vaporized-The Reality of Vaping
Kick Butts is a day of activism that empowers youth to stand out, speak up and seize control against tobacco!
Tobacco products and e-cigs/vape pens/hookah pens/robot appendages are all just different nicotine delivery devices. Cigarettes are the deadliest. E-cigs/vape pens/hookah pens/robot appendages are the newest. And nicotine is still extremely addictive, even when it’s wrapped in an appealing promotional package.
The National Youth Tobacco Survey estimates that e-cigarette use among U.S. youth tripled from 2013 to 2014. In 2016, more than 2 million U.S. middle and high school students used e-cigarettes in the past 30 days, including 4.3% of middle school students and 11.3% of high school students. Because the flavoring in e-cigarettes is so pleasing to our youth, studies have found that continued use of e-cigarettes in teens 6th grade through 12th, is alarmingly increasing.
Please take the time to review this video. Feel free to download into your Google Classroom or work it into your curriculum as needed.
It’s true, there are still many things we don’t know about the effects of vaping, however we do know, “less harmful does not mean safe”.
A Discussion on Vaping
OSF HealthCare medical experts separate vaping myth from fact with students.
To download this video right-click on the button below and select Save link as... or Save Target as... and save it to your computer.
Blog Post - E-cigarettes and young people: a public health concern
Read our Blog Post on E-cigarettes and young people.
- Hot Topic – E-Cigs and Vaping - https://www.thetruth.com/articles/hot-topic/e-cigs-and-vaping
- Smoking vs Vaping; AsapScience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haqi4xvjvKo&feature=youtu.be
- E-cigarettes- 10 Things to know about Vaping – Laura Perkins, MLS-www.etr.org/store- A nonprofit organization
- American Lung Association – www.lung.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- www.cdc.gov