Alerts for the Peoria, Illinois Area
OSF Saint Francis No Visitor and Masking Policy
OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center and OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois are implementing a strict NO VISITOR policy in response to the Governor’s directive to shelter in place. The changes are in effect until further notice with a few exceptions:
- One visitor will be allowed for pediatric patients
- One visitor will be allowed for childbirth
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life situations
We understand these restrictions may impose an inconvenience to some families, but it’s an important step to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
In addition, Beginning Wednesday, April 29, OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria will require anyone entering to wear a mask. Exceptions are made for those younger than two years old or those with medical conditions that prohibit wearing a mask.
“Wearing a mask over the nose and mouth helps to contain respiratory secretions and reduces the risk of spreading COVID-19,” said President Bob Anderson. “Masking is additional protection which will address asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission of the virus.”
Patients will be given a mask to wear while interacting with medical staff if they don’t have one of their own. In addition, visitors and vendors will be asked to wear a personal mask. If a personal mask is not available, a disposable mask will be provided.
All OSF Mission Partners will also be required to wear masks in public spaces, whether personal or provided by OSF HealthCare. OSF Mission Partners who provide direct patient care will be issued appropriate personal protective equipment by OSF.
Valet Services Discontinued at OSF Saint Francis
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center has discontiuned valet services until further notice. Patients and visitors may pull up to an entrance door inside the main parking deck. Wheelchairs will be made available until 6 a.m - 6 p.m. each da
Closings & Cancellations - Peoria Area
Many offices have updated their hours or have temporarily closed during this time please check your office location for details here.
- OSF Medical Exercise at the RiverPlex is closed until further notice - this includes Silver Sneakers, all group classes, support groups and orientations.
- OSF Senior World is closed March 17 - April 16
- Walk-in Wednesday mammograms at OSF Saint Francis are discontinued until further notice.
- OSF Occupational Health on Sheridan Road is temporarily closed.Lift tests will still be offered, but all other occupational health services will be provided out of our office located at 719 N. William Kumpf Boulevard.
Classes & Events
The following OSF HealthCare activities have been temporarily cancelled or postponed:
- May 13
- Wednesday Night Lamaze - cancelled
- May 18
- Infant CPR - cancelled