Commission on Cancer
OSF Little Company of Mary is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC). The accreditation means a commitment to providing high-quality, multi-disciplinary, patient-centered cancer care.
The CoC accreditation is nationally recognized by organizations, including the National Cancer Institute, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, National Quality Forum, American Cancer Society and The Joint Commission, as having established data-driven performance measures to provide quality cancer care.
Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence
OSF Little Company of Mary is a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA) for its ongoing commitment to responsible lung cancer screening.
for lung cancer is carried out safely, efficiently and equitably saves tens of thousands of lives a year.
Designated Screening Centers of Excellence are committed to providing clear information based on current evidence on a candidate for lung cancer screening and complying with comprehensive standards based on best practices for controlling screening quality, radiation dose and diagnostic procedures within a professional, multi-disciplinary clinical setting.
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
OSF Little Company of Mary follows the highest standards of care when it comes to breast cancer and is accredited by the a national program overseen by the American College of Surgeons.
The NAPBC standards address the full continuum of cancer care. Per their website, the NAPBC standards address the following areas:
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best care and treatment options available
- Access to breast-specific information, education, and support
- Breast center data collection on quality indicators for subspecialties involved in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about participation in clinical trials and new treatment options