Case Management Services
We Are Here for You, Even After Discharge
Illness and hospitalization can make for stress and uncertainty. OSF Saint Clare has services to help those patients who might need extra help while a patient and after discharge. Our Social Services and Case Management departments are here to help.
What if I Need Help Making Plans for After Discharge?
Our licensed medical Social Worker is available to provide that help. The Social Worker can help you plan ahead for your needs after discharge, handling your concerns competently and confidentially. The Social Worker will assist you:
- In planning for discharge to home, nursing home or another facility, including referrals when necessary.
- By advising you and your family of community resources available during and after hospitalization and making referrals for continuity of care and planning.
- By providing support to cope with the stress which may result from a difficult medical diagnosis or treatment.
- By providing you with written information and forms in Illinois Advance Directives.
- By answering any questions regarding Advance Directives and the hospital’s policy on Advance Directives.
Who Can Request Social Services Assistance?
Social Services assistance may be requested by anyone – patient, family or hospital staff.
How Can I Reach Social Services?
You may call extension 2152 or ask your physician or nurse to contact the Social Worker for you. You may also call Social Services directly by dialing (815) 876-2152.
Is There a Charge for Social Worker Assistance?
There is no fee for this service.
What Is the Case Management Department?
The Case Management Department of OSF Saint Clare assists with the progress of the patient’s plan of care while making every effort to achieve the most favorable clinical outcome in a timely and cost-effective manner.
How Does Case Management Serve Patients?
The Case Management Department serves patients of all ages through case management, utilization review, infection control and pastoral care. The staff consists of Case Coordinator, Registered Nurses, Social Workers and the Infection Control Nurse.
The Case Coordinator is the multidisciplinary team coordinator, and the Social Worker provides a connection between the patient and community resources, providing assistance with discharge arrangements. This team works together with physicians, the patient and their families, staff nurses, other members of the hospital team and third-party payers to provide access to the most appropriate level of care and provide quality, cost-effective care and services.
How Can I Reach the Service Team?
You can reach the team at these numbers:
Case Coordinator – (815) 876-3301
Social Services – (815) 876-2152
Infection Control – (815) 876-2272