Low Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening Matters
Low Dose CT Screening is a Highly Effective Test for PREVENTING CANCER DEATHS
If you or a loved one has a history of smoking,
WHY AREN'T YOU BEING SCREENED FOR LUNG CANCER?
How To Be Screened
If you have smoked for 30 years or more, or have a 30 pack-year smoking history, call (309)-683-4939 to see if you meet the criteria for lung cancer screening.
Lung Cancer Facts:
- Lung Cancer is the number 1 cause of all cancer deaths for both men and women.
- Lung Cancer causes 3 times more deaths for US men than Prostate Cancer.
- Lung Cancer causes nearly 2 times more deaths for US women than Breast Cancer.
- If you are screened, you have a 20% decreased risk of dying from Lung Cancer.
- Only 2% of those eligible for Lung Cancer Screening are screened. (Peoria Metro)
Deaths from Lung and Breast Cancer in US Women
Deaths from Lung and Prostate Cancer in US Men
LDCT FINDINGS 2015 CY to Date
|LDCT FINDINGS 2015 CY to Date|
|Positive for Lung Cancer||8|
|Non Lung Cancer Finding
|(1 Kidney Cancer Found)|
Low Dose CT Screening at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center increased 30% in 2015.
OSF Lung Cancer Number of Cases 2014
OSF Lung Cancer Cases by Age 2014
OSF Lung Cancer Cases by Stage 2014