Behavioral Health Assessment
Whether you are seeking diagnosis or treatment, your first appointment with a behavioral health specialist will begin with a psychological evaluation.
During your first visit, one of our behavioral health specialists will spend an hour talking with you about what you’re experiencing, as well as discussing your personal and family history.
Their goal will be to get to know you better, so they can recommend the best course of treatment.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the registration process.
What to Bring
- Photo ID, insurance card and list of current medications
- Information of previous counseling involvement (such as the name and address of providers you’ve seen)
- List of questions you may have
- Paper and pen to take notes
- For children under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present for the appointment.
If you’ve been referred for a psychiatric evaluation, your first appointment will resemble a normal visit to the doctor’s office.
You will begin by filling out a medical history form and receive a physical exam.
The provider will also talk with you about your symptoms, how they have changed over time and what, if any treatments, you’ve had before.
What to Bring
- Your insurance card
- List of any medications you’re taking
- List of any questions you have
A support person or a family member is also welcome during your evaluation.