What is OSF MyChart?
OSF MyChart gives you direct online access to some of your Electronic Medical Record (EMR), where your health information is securely stored and password protected. It also offers a convenient way to communicate with your doctor and care team.
Best of all, this functionality is available to you 24/7 at osfmychart.org or with the MyChart mobile app available for Apple and Android devices.
Message your care team
Communicating with your provider is as simple as sending an email – but even more secure when you use OSF MyChart. Utilize the message center to request prescription refills, schedule an appointment or send questions or updates to your provider.
Please Note: Questions for your provider are intended for non-urgent matters only. To ensure quality care, some concerns may require a virtual or in-person visit with your provider. Please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency department if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Message exchanges are recorded in your permanent medical record and should be used to communicate health care needs only. We do request common courtesy from patients when messaging a provider and may restrict patient access to OSF MyChart messaging for misuse of the feature (i.e. foul, abusive and/or threatening language).
Here are some other need-to-knows when it comes to communicating with your care team:
When to expect a response
- You can typically expect a response by the end of next business day.
- Messages are reviewed during business hours - Monday through Friday. Messages are not reviewed during the evenings, weekends or holidays.
When to send an OSF MyChart message
- You have a follow-up question about a recent visit
- You have a follow-up question about your test results
- Short questions or updates that require a simple, but not immediate response
When to schedule a visit
- New symptoms that require clinical decision making
- Multiple symptoms and/or concerns that require more time and discussion
- Chronic disease management (i.e. check-in or flare-up)
- It’s been longer than a year since your last visit
Other helpful features
Many things that used to require a call or visit to your provider can be handled with a few keystrokes or by touching the screen on your mobile device. In addition to contacting your care team directly, here are some of the features you may find most useful when using OSF MyChart:
- Schedule an appointment
- Manage an existing appointment
- Access your family’s records
- Access information from your hospital visits
- Share your record
- Video visits
Make the most of your health care experience. Discover some additional features that were designed with your convenience in mind.
Thanks to OSF MyChart, you can easily access your medications, health summaries, lab results and more.
View your medical history
- Review your medications, immunizations, allergies and medical history.
- Receive test results online – no waiting for a phone call or letter.
- Review health education topics and After Visit Summaries® from your health care provider.
Convenient and early check-in
Use OSF MyChart to speed up the check-in process for appointments. You can eliminate some waiting-room procedures before you even leave home.
The eCheck-In feature is available at most OSF HealthCare locations, starting seven days before your scheduled appointment. It can be used for your provider appointments and hospital outpatient appointments, such as rehab, diagnostic tests and more. eCheck-In is required for all video visits.
Use eCheck-In to do the following:
- Confirm your appointment.
- Confirm or update current medications, allergies, health issues and medical history.
- Answer general health questions and e-sign documents.
- Verify or update your insurance and other personal information.
- Pay your copay.
- Select your preferred pharmacy.
Review care team notes
As an OSF patient, you can now read the notes some members of your care team write following an appointment. It’s all secure and online through your OSF MyChart account.
Reading your notes can help you:
- Remember what was discussed with your care team.
- Feel empowered to make health care decisions.
- Partner with your care team for better care.
- Make sure your information is accurate so your care is safer.
- Share your information with a loved one or anyone you choose.
Find urgent care now
If you need immediate care for an injury or illness, you can review walk-in waiting times or secure a same-day appointment at an OSF urgent care clinic near you.
Use this feature to see clinic locations and decide whether to walk in to an OSF PromptCare by viewing wait times or schedule a reservation at OSF OnCall Urgent Care.
(You can also make appointments at these facilities for school and sports physicals, employer drug and alcohol testing, seasonal flu shots and more.)
HOW TO: View walk-in waiting times or make an appointment
- Log in to your OSF MyChart account.
- Click the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
- Within the menu, go to the Find Care section and click on Find Urgent Care.
- Select the reason for your visit.
- Select the location you wish to visit.
- View wait times at OSF PromptCare.
- If you choose an OSF OnCall Urgent Care, choose an available time for your appointment.